2020/21 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god, hate it when this happens. Like when loads of people wanted Bilyaletdinov to play in the middle.

A good attacking full-back doesn't necessarily make a good winger.

If Carlo says he's a left back, then he's a left back.
Nah, never saw Bily suited to that role myself. This kid is fast, can pass, has great control, and a good cross in him. Plenty of players have changed positions, so who knows. Either way not too fussed, he looks good, an exciting prospect.

Looks quality. Proper potential. Don’t wanna say any negative but seeing as it hasn’t been mentioned, he was poor for their second goal
No issues with that though, can’t believe it’s his second first team appearance. Who is Marseilles left back?

Can't be bothered to go through the rest of the thread to see if anyone has mentioned it, but he was partly responsible for their 2nd goal - ball was lofted towards our back post, he lost the flight of it and his man, which enabled them to knock it across and score (although Pickford still shoulders most of the blame there).

Having said that, it's more or less the only foot he has put wrong in his two games. Going forward, he has everything going for him. He's quick, strong, has a trick and has great delivery. You would assume we have reached the point already where we are no longer thinking about bringing in a left back on loan this season, which seemed to be the plan after Baines retired.

I hope he gets a few league games this season - he looks an immense talent.

Reminds me of early Benjamin Mendy. Let’s hope he doesn’t turn out like him.

Very much so. Although Mendy tends to just blast his crosses in whereas Nkounkou was making good decisions as to when he dribbled, when he crossed, when he kept it simple etc and his crosses were varied.

Very exciting prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.