Next shirt sponsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportPesa and not Everton terminated the agreement.
Just rumour.
And not a rumour with any substance. The tone of SportPesa's press release made it pretty clear they were not happy with us for terminating

The only way it could possibly true is that they found out we were negotiating with other companies in advance of terminating the deal with them, and pulled the trigger first. "She didn't dump me, I dumped her. You make sure people know that!"

After DBB's comments, her credibility and that of the club in general would take a huge hit if they announced another betting shirt sponsorship.

I can't see it happening. Would rather have nothing on the shirt, and it would sell more to boot.

Blue-chip corporate sponsorship and/or a well-known big brand is probably out of reach for us but we shouldn't have to resort either to the lowest common demoninator to get shirt sponsorship.

Given that the current deal is £9.6m a year you would have to be looking for something of the same or better value that is not a betting company or alcohol brand. I think there are going to be very few options, given the current global crisis and economic downturn. Lets just hope this was agreed months ago with someone and they still want to do it. Looking at the current deals, outside of the top 6 only Brighton and Sheffield United are not sponsored by a betting company. 12 teams including us are. People have mentioned TCL as a possible sponsor, either sleeve or main sponsor with their revenue they certainly have the money, if it is them, I just hope their logo doesn't appear in red on our kits

Manchester United - £64 million (Chevrolet)

2. Manchester City - £45 million (Etihad)

3. Arsenal - £40 million (Fly Emirates)

4. Chelsea - £40 million (Yokohama)

5. Liverpool - £40 million (Standard Chartered)

6. Tottenham - £35 million (AIA)

7. West Ham - £10 million (Betway)

8. Everton - £9.6 million (SportPesa)

9. Wolves - £8 million (ManBetX)

10. Southampton - £7.5 million (LD Sports)

11. Burnley - £7.5 million (LoveBet)

12. Crystal Palace - £6.5 million (ManBetX)

13. Newcastle - £6.5 million (Fun88)

14. Watford - £6.5 million (Sportsbet.io)

15. Aston Villa - £6 million (W88)

16. Bournemouth - £5 million (M88)

17. Leicester - £4 million (King Power)

18. Sheffield United - £3.5 million (USG)

19. Norwich - £3 million (Dafabet)

20. Brighton - £1.5 million (American Express)

9C5587C2-F852-47EB-B177-191E626BFADA.jpeg

The perfect fit (we’ll have to do something about that red arrow though)

Given that the current deal is £9.6m a year you would have to be looking for something of the same or better value that is not a betting company or alcohol brand. I think there are going to be very few options, given the current global crisis and economic downturn. Lets just hope this was agreed months ago with someone and they still want to do it. Looking at the current deals, outside of the top 6 only Brighton and Sheffield United are not sponsored by a betting company. 12 teams including us are. People have mentioned TCL as a possible sponsor, either sleeve or main sponsor with their revenue they certainly have the money, if it is them, I just hope their logo doesn't appear in red on our kits

If we were serious Megafon has to be sponsering us for around £20-25 million a year.

Enough to push us clear of the rest but not enough to upset the top 6 media darlings to go crying to UEFA about FFP

and Brighton has the Amex hq so that explains that one.

I’d love us to try to get something close to what we’ve got or better, but non-betting (sports or stocks). I think it sends a positive message.

I do think that it would be tough to achieve that though

Status
Not open for further replies.