Votes: 21 2.1%
  • My choice isnt here, you really suck at polls

Votes: 161 15.8%
  • Lamborghini Gallardo

Votes: 57 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez says he remains open to a return to the English top flight but has no intention of leaving China just yet.

“Obviously in the future I would like to come back to the Premier League, but at the moment I must be very clear, there is no chance I will come back now,” he told Sky Sports’ Monday Night Football.

"The fact that the process is being led by Moshiri and influenced by Kenwright will raise further questions over the role and level of involvement of director of football Marcel Brands."
This is from a credible Telegraph journalist and if true it's astonishing that no lessons have been learned from previous manager appointment debacles. I can only hope that Vitor, who's never managed a single game in the top leagues of UK, Spain, Italy and Germany in his entire career, is using us to extract a bigger contract from his Chinese team.

Benitez says he remains open to a return to the English top flight but has no intention of leaving China just yet.

“Obviously in the future I would like to come back to the Premier League, but at the moment I must be very clear, there is no chance I will come back now,” he told Sky Sports’ Monday Night Football.

He said that in response to taking over Arsenal. He also used the term "at the moment".

It's been widely reported that he wants to come to the premier league ASAP.

"The fact that the process is being led by Moshiri and influenced by Kenwright will raise further questions over the role and level of involvement of director of football Marcel Brands."
This is from a credible Telegraph journalist and if true it's astonishing that no lessons have been learned from previous manager appointment debacles. I can only hope that Vitor, who's never managed a single game in the top leagues of UK, Spain, Italy and Germany in his entire career, is using us to extract a bigger contract from his Chinese team.

Is it too much to expect they at least learn from past mistakes?

This is their second DOF and it now appears the second time that the board have overridden and undermined their own appointment. o_O

This is a tried and tested model which works in many clubs, particularly on the continent where it appears to be pretty standard. So either go with that model, trust the DOF you've appointed or do away with it and have a more traditional manager directly appointed by the Board, but please no more of this mish-mash.

Feel like we’re making a huge mistake hiring this Pereira fella. Nailed on to be sacked before them three years are up.

Agree, a person without experience on big 5 leagues. His coaching team is declining quality, from Porto to Olympiacos, then Fenerbahçe, finally to Shanghai SIPG, he is a mistake if we find him, especially we need to pay huge money to his current club.

Given there are vast sums of money being invested, highly paid executives on call, doubtless expensive outside consultancy on tap if required, how can it be that the impression is of everything being done on the hoof, at last minute and with little or no co-ordination?

I honestly don't get it.

Given there are vast sums of money being invested, highly paid executives on call, doubtless expensive outside consultancy on tap if required, how can it be that the impression is of everything being done on the hoof, at last minute and with little or no co-ordination?

I honestly don't get it.

Whatever is giving you that idea?

Whatever is giving you that idea?

Do you remember back in the Steve Walsh era when the club had signed several players who all seemed best suited to play in that number 10 role behind the striker? Klaasen, Siggy and Rooney all seemingly brought in by different branches of the club and with little apparent thought as to how they could possibly all fit together? Then after Koeman was sacked and SA brought in there was talk of the chairman having scouted Tosun which seemed bizarre. I don't think these things happen in a club which has a proper structure and clear lines of authority.

When Brands was appointed it felt like maybe lessons had been learned, but the sacking of Silva was done in a ham fisted fashion and there appears to be the same lines of division at the top of the club. Obviously I can only go from what's in the media, I don't know any more than that, so I could be completely wrong, but that's the impression I get. It feels like everyone is always pulling in a different direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.