Votes: 30 2.6%
  • Moyes

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • Other, please state

Votes: 89 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they might stick with Silva through this patch of matches so a new manager doesn't just come in and lose his first 4/5 games

I think the Norwich result has taken everyone by surprise and the fan reaction has shocked the board.
[/QUOTE]
Seriously; Sigurdelin starting in front of Tosun and you never saw it...

As for the fan reaction shocked the board; seriously?

Joint managerships are rare currently. However this could make a lot of sense.

He gets a lot of criticism but I do sense Moyes has some affection for the club and also towards Arteta. I do wonder if he would accept either a joint role or even a secondary role alongside Arteta?

I have long come to accept we will not attract the sort of calibre of manager I would ideally like to see us push for, so Arteta alongside Moyes may cover a fair few of the basis.
Bases.

Nope.

The days of the experienced pl manager are long gone.

Charisma and fresh ideas are the order of the day.

Ex players are our only successful managers historically too.
How do you know he has charisma he’s always seemed very wooden to me.

Also how do you know anything about his plans and ideas if he hasn’t managed.

Not me Mate, I had misgivings when I seen the starting line up.

Same, no Iwobi and Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson starting together. There was only going to be one outcome but Silva doesn't appear to have worked that out yet.
Any CM from the U23s would be a better choice than Schneiderlin, at least they would bring some energy and not look like a rabbit in the headlights when an opposition player runs at them.

I wonder if they might stick with Silva through this patch of matches so a new manager doesn't just come in and lose his first 4/5 games
This is the trouble. But I believe a new Manager with half a clue would get results from this lot. Passion and fire is missing more than talent I think.

I’d be very happy with Arteta tbh, can’t imagine for one minute Moyes would agree to be being his assistant tho.
Please, yes! or even the other way around. Yes I'd like a top manager, but that's not going to happen, so..

I opened up a thread called 'the dream team' lots of negativity about it there lol

Joint managerships are rare currently. However this could make a lot of sense.

He gets a lot of criticism but I do sense Moyes has some affection for the club and also towards Arteta. I do wonder if he would accept either a joint role or even a secondary role alongside Arteta?

I have long come to accept we will not attract the sort of calibre of manager I would ideally like to see us push for, so Arteta alongside Moyes may cover a fair few of the basis.

Its like a guiding hand for the season...moyes looks like the good guy and get out of the garden.

As in Xabi Alonso? Any reasoning behind that mate? Feels a very left field shout? (I happen to think Cahill may get involved if Arteta came).

Him and Arteta are best mates and hes managing Sociedads B team.

I think the Norwich result has taken everyone by surprise and the fan reaction has shocked the board.
Seriously; Sigurdelin starting in front of Tosun and you never saw it...

As for the fan reaction shocked the board; seriously?
[/QUOTE]
Same, no Iwobi and Schneiderlin and Sigurdsson starting together. There was only going to be one outcome but Silva doesn't appear to have worked that out yet.
Any CM from the U23s would be a better choice than Schneiderlin, at least they would bring some energy and not look like a rabbit in the headlights when an opposition player runs at them.

I posted it will take 1-2 weeks to sort a new manager out...

Unless the team sheet was out 1-2 weeks ago i doubt many people on the board would have predicted the defeat (if they did they would have sacked him before the game)...due to the team sheet.

Unless they have seen the team sheet an hour before the game then teleported back in time to start discussions with a manager...

Mourinho would have been in talks for a fortnight and Poch would have been sacked no matter the result

My take is the board thought we would win...and the plan was to change the manager before the RS game.

Status
Not open for further replies.