Votes: 30 2.6%
  • Moyes

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • Other, please state

Votes: 89 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This group of players needs a tough-minded forward thinking manager, in my opinion.

I think Wilder fits the bill.

Otherwise, like most, I favor Arteta.

This group of players needs a tough-minded forward thinking manager, in my opinion.

I think Wilder fits the bill.

Otherwise, like most, I favor Arteta.
" tough minded" Well that rules Arteta out then. Quiet, sheepish guy.! Just nods when Guad,s talks to him. Never stands up out of his seat. Come,s over as a Yes Man. AND ! Whats he really done that stands out? Just take a look at him next time City are on the tele.

" tough minded" Well that rules Arteta out then. Quiet, sheepish guy.! Just nods when Guad,s talks to him. Never stands up out of his seat. Come,s over as a Yes Man. AND ! Whats he really done that stands out? Just take a look at him next time City are on the tele.
Didn’t mean to insinuate Arteta isn’t tough minded.

In my more quiet reflective moments, I often think about what drives these elite coaches. Like, it aint cash. So that leaves glory. And then based on nowt but how my life panned out, I can build a narrative that might see an elite coach thinking "Why not?"

Hear me out. Its international week after all. In my working life, whilst appearing immodest, I was by most statistics one of the best in the country. I know, hard to believe, but its true. The financial rewards were significant. I was rewarded on top of big money with free holidays in Dubai, Cannes, Barbados, and South Africa. But as time moved on, it became boring. I knew I was good, I didnt need anyone to tell me, and after a while, the financial incentive became less interesting. Didnt need that much any more basically.

So I jacked it in. Got a van, and now happily deliver parcels of crap round Portishead.

So back to elite coaches. The accusation against them all is always, "But can they do it at a different level?" Or perhaps to rephrase, they have had the glory, they have the wealth, but do they have the hunger or desire to try sommet new?

Would you like a job in the States? It doesn't pay particularly well, and you won't get much recognition, and probably you'll be shot by a racist because you "talk funny," but we need a new number cruncher and someone with a fresh approach to getting things done, so just asking like.

From BBC Sport's gossip page:
"Lyon have failed with an approach to hire former Chelsea and Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho as their new manager, with the 56-year-old Portuguese determined to secure a return to the Premier League. (Mirror) "

Bet he's keeping his eyes on Poch.
Of course he is. Nice shiny new stadium, living in London, higher profile team, wouldn't be seen dead in this far flung impoverished provincial outpost.

From BBC Sport's gossip page:
"Lyon have failed with an approach to hire former Chelsea and Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho as their new manager, with the 56-year-old Portuguese determined to secure a return to the Premier League. (Mirror) "

Bet he's keeping his eyes on Poch.
Can you see Mourinho working with Daniel Levy?

Status
Not open for further replies.