Votes: 30 2.6%
  • Moyes

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • Other, please state

Votes: 89 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which manager's fit that bill and is the best at executing attacking football, whilst knowing how to defend and being tactically aware.

As long as a prospective candidate didnt come from managing a school team, I would assume that passing those tests would be the equivalent of a taxi driver having a driving licence.

It appears I am perhaps wrong though.

As long as a prospective candidate didnt come from managing a school team, I would assume that passing those tests would be the equivalent of a taxi driver having a driving licence.

It appears I am perhaps wrong though.
Not really, unless we are setting the bar really low. We have to set the criteria then analyse who best fits it. We just need a plan, we don't appear to have had one since appointing a manager after Moyes left.

Mourinho is currently joint second favourite to be our next boss with a lot of bookies and Sky Bet put Everton as 4th favourites to land him next behind PSG, Bayern and Spurs. Spurs are 6-1 with Everton just 7-1.

There is a possibility that he could be our next manager. No matter how many uppercase words you use to try and make your point.
If Jose couldn't treat a club like Utd with a degree of respect, imagine how his inbuilt superority complex would deal with us.

Mourinho is currently joint second favourite to be our next boss with a lot of bookies and Sky Bet put Everton as 4th favourites to land him next behind PSG, Bayern and Spurs. Spurs are 6-1 with Everton just 7-1.

There is a possibility that he could be our next manager. No matter how many uppercase words you use to try and make your point.
Ha ha, you choose to use betting odds as a realistic forecast. That's okay. I'll let you enjoy your fantasy while it lasts. Uppercase wasn't enough to shake you into the real world. We'll see. In another dimension if he did happen to grace our struggling club can you imagine the players, he'd want! Ha ha. He'd get a shock when Brands told him where he would be allowed to shop.

If Jose couldn't treat a club like Utd with a degree of respect, imagine how his inbuilt superority complex would deal with us.

I think the thing with Mourhino not treating UTD with respect is probably more down to Jose' ego, it wouldn't of mattered what he won he would still be in Alex Ferguson's shadow

Chelsea fans loved him and he treated them like he was one of them, you caress my ego and I'll caress yours, imagine he had any kind of success here, the mans head would explode

I'm wondering who will be our next manager when the next one is sacked in a year or so?

Sacking clubs' who perenially win nothing aren't that attractive except to mercenaries (if it pays well)

Jose is 14/1 to be our next manager, im willing to give people odds of 250/1.

PM me.

In my more quiet reflective moments, I often think about what drives these elite coaches. Like, it aint cash. So that leaves glory. And then based on nowt but how my life panned out, I can build a narrative that might see an elite coach thinking "Why not?"

Hear me out. Its international week after all. In my working life, whilst appearing immodest, I was by most statistics one of the best in the country. I know, hard to believe, but its true. The financial rewards were significant. I was rewarded on top of big money with free holidays in Dubai, Cannes, Barbados, and South Africa. But as time moved on, it became boring. I knew I was good, I didnt need anyone to tell me, and after a while, the financial incentive became less interesting. Didnt need that much any more basically.

So I jacked it in. Got a van, and now happily deliver parcels of crap round Portishead.

So back to elite coaches. The accusation against them all is always, "But can they do it at a different level?" Or perhaps to rephrase, they have had the glory, they have the wealth, but do they have the hunger or desire to try sommet new?

Status
Not open for further replies.