Votes: 30 2.6%
  • Moyes

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • Other, please state

Votes: 89 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes and for me he should be our main target should Mourinho/Wenger/Mancini turn us down.

His Ajax side are fantastic.
Would he? He's doing better than any Ajax manager in recent memory. I think he'll have his sights set on a Champions League side in one of Europe's top leagues. De Boer ended up at Inter after Ajax and Pete Bosz went to Dortmund and Ajax never looked nearly as good under them as they have under Ten Hag. I think he'll have his eye on what happens at clubs like Barca and Bayern. The Barca job will definitely be available at the end of the season at the latest imo and if Kovac underwhelms in Europe again, I'd say the same about Bayern.

Not trying to rain on any parades but I don't see one of the hottest names on the managerial market coming here right now.

Would he? He's doing better than any Ajax manager in recent memory. I think he'll have his sights set on a Champions League side in one of Europe's top leagues. De Boer ended up at Inter after Ajax and Pete Bosz went to Dortmund and Ajax never looked nearly as good under them as they have under Ten Hag. I think he'll have his eye on what happens at clubs like Barca and Bayern. The Barca job will definitely be available at the end of the season at the latest imo and if Kovac underwhelms in Europe again, I'd say the same about Bayern.

Not trying to rain on any parades but I don't see one of the hottest names on the managerial market coming here right now.

The Prem is the place to be - De Boer moved from Ajax to Palace first.

If we treble his wages and give him a big pot to spend he would come.

Its this thinking that we can attract no one decent which leads the board to appoint duds - we need to start having some self belief- confidence is everything in the sales game.

Everton is not a club that appoints a manager with a serious track records of success - we have literally never done it before. Adding to our issues is that we are a serious basket-case of a club right now, so we are not an attractive proposition at the moment for managers looking at building their reputations. Our most recent appointments of Martinez and Koeman had literally no choice after us but to run to international football such was the damage to their reputation that they suffered here. If Silva gets canned then he'll either do the same or run off back to a much lesser league.

Our most realistic options I feel are managers that are either out of work (Rudi Garcia and Marcelino) or ones that are just starting out (Arteta). I just can't see managers that are currently in jobs and doing well ditching them to join us, especially someone with a burgeoning reputation like Gallardo deciding to sack off his current role to have Everton as his first job in Europe. And seriously, anyone thinking Simeone would leave Atlei to join Everton then i have some magic beans to sell you.

I'd be fine with either Garcia or Marcelino. Both have really good records in some of their most recent jobs and have good experience of managing teams of similar size to Everton. I think this would be a bad time to roll the dice on someone like Arteta, at the start of the season then I wouldn't mind but Arteta would have to find an immediate solution if he joined us now, if he couldn't then you'd have a similar situation to Henry at Monaco - a very bad situation gets even worse.

The Prem is the place to be - De Boer moved from Ajax to Palace first.

If we treble his wages and give him a big pot to spend he would come.

Its this thinking that we can attract no one decent which leads the board to appoint duds - we need to start having some self belief- confidence is everything in the sales game.
De Boer went to Inter first, he ended up at Palace because his time at Inter went so disastrously.

And agree to disagree. I don't see why a manager who the top teams will definitely have in mind should they sack their manager, would risk his reputation here with the club in it's current state.

Also, I'm not saying the club can't attract someone decent. But Ten Hag will know he has a good chance at the biggest jobs as long as Ajax continue the way they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.