Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look 5 spaces higher and you'll see incontrovertible evidence that outright quality of squads is no guarantee of where a team will finish over the course of a season, and that good management and tactics have a huge impact.

Also, look at the fact that you're here. If it were all down to the quality of your squad, and management were irrelevant (both positive and negative) you wouldn't be bothered about Koeman leaving.
There is no perfect measure of how good a squad is, but surely the team that performed the best over 38 games, had the best squad last season. You can measure a squad by expense, reputation, expectation, but surely performance is the best one?

First of all if you're actually insulted by the word idiot or that your opinion could be hilarious to someone else grow thicker skin. Next if you want to follow the line of logic that you set up re: cut and copy seasons then why talk about which player had a better season as that's not the question and negates the point you made two lines before it. Deulofeu and Mirallas are more talented players than Tadic and Mane. End of.

I think I should frame this and send it out to the football world to have a vote on who's better at this current time. Everyone who doesn't support or like Everton will vote for the latter (Tadic and Mane), even some (Sane, non-deluded) Everton fans would vote for the latter. Just because Everton were average the last two seasons doesn't mean you can just completely wipe it from history, anyone who'd watched the premier league the last two seasons and has a good grasp on the game will say Tadic and Mane are better players than Deulofeu and Mirallas at this present time.

When someone says "End of" at the end of a post, it normally shows that they're generally wrong and have no proof or facts to back up their statement.

This been known. Putting your ego's aside for a sec he genuinely never wanted to join you.
We made him a new contract offer a month or so ago, he thought he would use your interest as a negotiation tool to try and hold us to ransom, we were considering replacing him anyway so told him to do one. He's now panicking because he doesn't want to go to you and has now pissed off his entire back team who don't want to leave but has already burnt bridges with us. Essentially he tried to play us, we called his bluff and now he's deciding whether to back down and accept our original offer because he wants to stay, or join you. You can believe it or not, but that's what's happened. A lot of the players here can't stand him because of his arrogance and the board don't like that he ignores most of the club philosophy but have been letting it slide due to our success in the league, but are happy to let him leave because of this.

I have covered the utter nonsense of this in the thread marked Southampton's statistical analysis. it basically points out how the claims made in that sense are not only wrong, but actually don't make any logical sense when you factor them together one by one. I would urge you, and others to view it.

It's clear throughout this process Southampton's board (and therefore the local media and therein elements of the fanbase) have tried to use this episode as an attempt to score cheap shot points against Everton. We have by in large avoided falling down to such a level. I know there has been the odd small club jibe, which I don't agree with. You have a fantastic squad and for my money are a shining example of how to run a football club. Excellent youth facilities with an emphasis of getting them into the first team, good new stadium and most importantly a strong ethos that means people slot in when others leave (whether they be players or managers).

However as indicated every step along the way your board have behaved in a small time manner. Form initially telling people he wouldn't go to Everton, denying he had spoken to Everton, saying it would only be a sideways step, insisting he will sign a contract, insisting he had committed his future to Everton and had rejected Everton. All of the above have been proven to be completely untrue and it is obvious were an attempt to make themselves look more impressive at Everton's expense.

The latest attempts to try and make out that there's some hitch and it's part of a plan to get more money out of Southampton should be treated with the contempt the Southampton board deserve. It is the last, pathetic, desperate attempts of someone who has lost the argument to gain some credibility. I think they would be far better served offering up an apology, conducting themselves more professionally next time a manager wants to leave, not trying to score points when they are out of their league against a club and focussing on getting Southampton a new proficient manager (which in fairness is something they are very skilled at).

As much as these Southampton fans are deluded you must be off your rockers if you wouldn't swap Delefou and Mirrallas for Mane and Tadic.

Jose Fonte is a crackin centre half as well. If the [Poor language removed] had scouted properly they would've signed him instead of Lovren.

As much as these Southampton fans are deluded you must be off your rockers if you wouldn't swap Delefou and Mirrallas for Mane and Tadic.

Jose Fonte is a crackin centre half as well. If the [Poor language removed] had scouted properly they would've signed him instead of Lovren.
I wouldn't swap Del.

That boy has ridiculous talent. Tadic or Mane would offer more this season, but I think Del has a brighter future than either of them.

Absolutely spot on and Fonte has definitely come on leaps and bounds under Koeman. Tadic would be perfect for us and Mane has very good stats.

Yeah, I'm quite Fonte of him.

Saints have conceded alot fewer goals when he's in the side, it Jose is a strong defender who is a good leader of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.