Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning.

Well, what is the club ambitions, for the next few years.

Do we want to win titles; Then Jose is the man. (However this season show, he can fail).

Do we want too become a intregated part of top five;
There are many contenders in this category, and we have too aim as high as we can. If we gamble like we did on Martinez, we will waste bouth time and money.

If we want too build up a strong foundation for the youth, and still play atractive football, and very tactical orientet;
De Boer is the man.

Not sure when interviews will take place but wont be just yet. Next few weeks i assume. Lets hope one of the candidates doesnt say something stupid and Bill says "you had me at 33.2 seconds"

With regard to this talk of the new manager having £100 million to spend on new players , I presume that that is after sales ( if I'm wrong and it's £100 million plus sales , that's a gamechanger)

If we think that Lukaku and Stones are going and that brings in say £80 / 90 million then Mr Moshiri is only making a net spend of £20/10 million which with the TV money is hardly impressive.

However we clearly need a significant rebuild with a new keeper , centre half , central midfielder , left midfielder and back up right back BEFORE any sales.

There is also a lot of dead wood in the squad with many established players coming to the end of their careers and others that need to be shipped out.

To do that and replace Lukaku and Stones is going to be very difficult.

Koeman has demonstrated his ability in this regard and still produce a team playing decent and for the most part winning football.

He is a man that will command respect from our existing unfit and underperforming group .

I suspect Jose is a pipe dream so for me that makes Koeman the natural choice and No.1 target.

I thought this last night. It must be more than 100m as that would be just player sales with no extra investment.

Surely with sales we will have around 150m to spend

have any Saints fans down your way mate heard that we may be after him and if so what are they saying?

I'm off work on leave this week mate so not been about but my good mates reckon there's no chance he's leaving and expect him to sign a new contract soon.

But this is the same people who thought they'd beat Bayern easily like just after they'd got promoted.

I thought this last night. It must be more than 100m as that would be just player sales with no extra investment.

Surely with sales we will have around 150m to spend

With no sales I would have expected a budget of about £50 million on player purchases , taking into account Mr Moshiri's investment , wanting to make a statement of intent and the TV deal.

The New manager needs to come in & immediately speak to Rom, stones &
Ross.

If as reported Ross stays & the others wish to leave they should be told they can only leave for a set agreed price before a certain date & to champions league clubs only Rom £65 million stones £50 million. Once preparation for the new season starts we can't be messing round having disruptions with players moaning about the press if your both good enough clubs will pay it.

Koeman, koeman
Koeman, koeman
Koeman, koeman
Koeman, koeman
Please please me oh yeah we're Everton

Still want to give mourinho a go tho.

I've asked before in this thread cause I'm not clever enough to find it but has anyone got any information on what Mourinho spent at inter as I don't think it was that much at all??

According to espn: In 08-09, he spent £53.3m. In 09-10, he spent £82.9m for a total of £136.2m. Inter did recoup £101.5 million in sales though over those two seasons, if looking at net spend is your thing.

However, more importantly is that he inherited a squad that already included the likes of Javier Zanetti, Maxwell, Marco Materazzi, Dejan Stankovic, Esteban Cambiasso, Maicon, Julio Cesar, and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Not a bad bunch to find when you take over.

Haven't read through the whole thread so apologies if it has been mentioned, but I see Stoke's sponsors bet365 are not offering odds on next Everton manager

Diego Simeone moveable from Athletico? Does he need a change after nearly 6 years?

I'm sure he'd love to ditch a side that he built from the ground up that regularly competes for La Liga, has been in the CL final in the last 2 of 3 seasons (and may win it this one), and has probably what amounts to the best defensive side in the world.

He's going nowhere soon.

I'm sure he'd love to ditch a side that he built from the ground up that regularly competes for La Liga, has been in the CL final in the last 2 of 3 seasons (and may win it this one), and has probably what amounts to the best defensive side in the world.

He's going nowhere soon.
Obviously you are right, but we live in dreams.
Benitez tho.....

but kompany injury woes have been a problem since the start of his campaign, and he hasn't fully solved it.

The fact he HASN'T managed to do that is worrying.

I agree to an extent mate. Think he's definitely stubborn and makes mistakes.

However, he is also a quality, vastly experienced coach, and highly respected within the game. If you wouldn't be happy with him as an appointment it's kind of like well 'who would you be happy with' (not you specifically, just any fan in general).

Regardless, I do think that ship has sailed and he'll be at Milan.

Status
Not open for further replies.