Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughing at the bellends on one

zeeman29.gif

Spin it Saints

Spin it Xxxxx
The simple truth is, Saints fans want it to be true because it looks good for us, you want it to be wrong because it looks good on Everton that you were able to pull Koeman away from Saints with your sheer ambition. Who knows the real truth? None of us clowns.

The simple truth is, Saints fans want it to be true because it looks good for us, you want it to be wrong because it looks good on Everton that you were able to pull Koeman away from Saints with your sheer ambition. Who knows the real truth? None of us clowns.

No the truth is that it's quite clearly made up garbage lol

HOW CAN THEY BE CALLED "THE SAINTS"??? WHO AUTHORISED THIS BLASPHEMY???

Mark 3:29
But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin”—

I don't really get your point. Our ITK's throughout the season backed up the board weren't 100% happy with him, and he had tense relations with some players, but our end of season form was so good, they were happy enough to offer a new contract, if Koeman was willing to commit. I said in my post I don't believe all of it, but just that there is some substance to the 'ITK' post that emerged this morning.
With respect, you have no idea that any of the story has any "substance". You have an opinion on it obviously, but you simply don't know if any of it is true.

Where is the evidence that the Southampton board were unhappy with Koeman?

It's not the same "ITK" who just yesterday said Koeman is going on gardening leave is it?

Look, Koeman has gone from the messiah who wouldn't touch us with a barge pole to the devil incarnate who you're better off without in the space of a fortnight with Saints fans all over the shop acting like bed wetting little girls whilst concocting all sorts of weird and wonderful fantasist stories.

It's utterly embarrassing.

Don't care to read what other fans think, or how they can justify Koemans departure...have at it lads, I really don't care!

What I do care about is that Mr Moshiri wanted him, and he got him. Best man for the job? Worst man for the job? Doesn't matter. Moshiri wants him & he got him...this bodes well for us!

;)

We don't have access to immediate cash being pumped into the club anymore, like a lot of other clubs do (including yourselves). We have to try and grow the club without big investment. In the last two years we have had the lowest net spend in the league I think but are now in a better league position with a bigger and better squad. And you think we should be 'livid'? Whilst we've done this we've also paid off some of the debt the clown of a former CEO left us with. The entire point of our model is to be sustainable, and it's wrong to say "what if they had kept those players where would they be now". Well if we had kept Lallana, Shaw, Lovren etc we wouldn't have been able to buy the players that have gone on and improved us.

All of the players we sold have either stagnated or outright failed to step up and we sold nearly all of them for far more than they're worth. Would you rather have Lallana for 25 million or Tadic + Mane for the same price? We KNOW we will lose players and managers to teams with more money and that is why we have to invest so much resource in recruitment, but it also means we're pretty well prepared for it when it happens, and unlike 2 years ago it now seems we might lose 1 or 2 a year rather than 5 or 6. And when we do sell them it will always be for big money or because their contract is running out. I predict we sell Wanyama this summer (1 year left) and Mane if we get a huge offer. That will likely be it (not including fringe squad players).

Good luck to RK, 6/7 million a year makes him one of the best paid managers in the world, it's just a shame he upset quite a few people at the club with his dishonesty in the process of doing it. I think he will be a better fit at Everton than at SFC. At Everton he'll have money to spend and it's likely to be a 2/3 year short term job, whereas we now would ideally get someone in who is a better all round fit for the club for the long term and will buy in to the club's model, rather than constantly trying to fight it.

Little old Southampton had their third top 8 finish in a row, finished just a few points off the CL places last season, and you think we should be 'livid' with the people who have overseen it. That's nonsense

Thing is mate, can't think of one single team in this league that has consistantly sold all its assets year o year out that hasnt come a cropper eventually

It's perfectly natural response and reaction I know. After the shock saints suddenly started to find those negative things out of Koeman. The fact is our club answered to Koemans craving of ambitiousness. Money was issue too and goddamn we are happy that we can say that. Personally I think Southampton is well runned PL club and I have never had anything against it or the fans. But when some of you start to question our clubs credentials and history it goes too far.

Few weeks ago Koeman was a Messiah to you...now he's a snake.

It's all opinions...you love your club we love ours. We all love footy.

God forbid a manager moves clubs and there isn't a whole load of stuff to go with it.

As far as I am concerned koeman wanted to manage everton so he signed a contract. If he didn't want to come here he wouldn't have, if he didn't believe it was better for him he wouldn't have. If Southampton didn't want him they wouldn't have been arsed about all of this, if the coaches didn't want to follow him they wouldn't have.

Thing is mate, can't think of one single team in this league that has consistantly sold all its assets year o year out that hasnt come a cropper eventually
Wanyama is the latest who wants out. Absolutely staggering the amount of players/managers that jump ship some of whom only seem to have been there 5 minutes.

Something clearly stinks rotten at that football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.