Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the CL final blag?

I thought that was a bluff too far.

Shame, it was fun while it lasted, but at least we still have the real deal in Paul.

Yes.

Unless he was referring to going to the match as the play off final. He may well be ITK, who knows. But that was either a mickey take, a bluff, or a cock up. No idea which.

O'Neil was backed in by the semi pro punters on the exchanges, it's dead simple, as the market is small and a relatively small amount of cash makes it swing heavily.

So they picked a rank outsider - O'Neil - backed in him to odds on, and then laid him like hell on the exchanges, as the sheep weigh in as they think there's been some insider info.

It's a jarg market to read.
OK so you are saying 9/4 or greater shots can be appointed with 2/3 days? Never seen it myself. Manager appointments become common knowledge for at least a week prior to being announced.

As for O'Neill even he never went odds on.

Getting excited now. I think from Tuesday news could break at any moment, though my hunch is for later in the week.
Thinking that a change of heart from Koeman is a possibility, still hope we can get Emery.
I can see something in all of the candidates to give me hope and get behind them.
Whoever it is what a magnificent opportunity will present itself. I hope we get it right.

Yes.

Unless he was referring to going to the match as the play off final. He may well be ITK, who knows. But that was either a mickey take, a bluff, or a cock up. No idea which.

I never thought of the play off final in fairness.

But irrespective, Mancini being in the States somewhat deflates his balloon anyway

Getting excited now. I think from Tuesday news could break at any moment, though my hunch is for later in the week.
Thinking that a change of heart from Koeman is a possibility, still hope we can get Emery.
I can see something in all of the candidates to give me hope and get behind them.
Whoever it is what a magnificent opportunity will present itself. I hope we get it right.

Great comment Bri. It's what we're all looking for really.

OK so you are saying 9/4 or greater shots can be appointed with 2/3 days? Never seen it myself. Manager appointments become common knowledge for at least a week prior to being announced.

As for O'Neill even he never went odds on.

I'm fairly sure he did go odds on at one point

The point is, the market isn't reliable and managerial appts don't always become common knowledge a week prior - Moyes to United being a prime example

O'Neil was backed in by the semi pro punters on the exchanges, it's dead simple, as the market is small and a relatively small amount of cash makes it swing heavily.

So they picked a rank outsider - O'Neil - backed in him to odds on, and then laid him like hell on the exchanges, as the sheep weigh in as they think there's been some insider info.

It's a jarg market to read.

...it's a pity more folk don't understand this DAWWWWWG.

'Look...LOOK...GERMANY'S JO LOW has been backed in from 33's...quick, I MUST have my last fiver on it...'

As a rule, new manager markets, if you're gonna clean on them you need someone in the know...if you don't have that, it's guesswork at this stage...no more, no less. And 99% of the market moves are engineered.

#QuicklyHasTennerOnSteveBruce

You would imagine it will be decision time quite soon as we need a manager. I can see us having deadlines for managers to make a decision. If they don't decide to come a decision to contact De Boer/Pellegrini will be made. I'd much prefer De Boer. Hope we get Emery and not keen on either of the City Ex managers.

Possibly a left field selection (Simeone!) would be perfect though!

People should calm down,It's Moshs first big decision so let him take his time to get the right man.
We are shopping at Harrods now not Netto
Aye but the general concensus is that by the time we yet the till in there they will be out of business and have to go the netto over the road or have what we threw out for dinner.

I'm happy the club is taking its time, no rush. But 2 weeks later and still not a sign of a new appointment is still worrying for me. We needed one by June, hopefully it's not too much into there we get one in to start work.

Aye but the general concensus is that by the time we yet the till in there they will be out of business and have to go the netto over the road or have what we threw out for dinner.

I'm happy the club is taking its time, no rush. But 2 weeks later and still not a sign of a new appointment is still worrying for me. We needed one by June, hopefully it's not too much into there we get one in to start work.

...if there's nowt concrete by the end of this week I'll start to get a bit concerned like.

I'm not at the moment and the silence is good, means it's all goin on behind the curtain.

Doesn't it...Doesn't it ASH...PLEeeeaaaaasee say it does.......

#THURSDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.