• Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

13th of March mate...

IF they get knocked out by Roma then think we will have him signed behind the scenes to take over, if they go through then it'll delay it a little longer - as the further he goes in that comp then the more demands/wages etc he will be able to demand from us.

Unless they went all the way to the final - i don't think even reaching a semi final would make 'big' clubs take a chance on him - they never did last year for the Monaco manager for example. All he is doing atm is erasing the failure at Porto in their eyes, they would want more proof he can handle a bigger club in a tougher league first.

It makes no sense to see past Silva right now. Until such a time as he goes to another club between now and the summer I'd say it's not exactly rocket science to think he's there and ready to step in here, as he was supposed to three months back. I'd be staggered if he wasn't first on the list.
Prepare to be staggered!

I honestly think he would be a manager the majority would get behind as well Dave.

Huge pressure on fat head to get some results before City and the scruffs roll into town. Saturday is massive. Anything less than a win and I think a change will be needed sharpish. Well, a change is needed now imo but that probably won't happen unless it turns absolutely nasty
Out of the 3 home games we’ve got against Brighton, Newcastle and Southampton the easiest one to win is most probably Brighton. They are pretty much safe given their home form. Newcastle and Southampton will be fighting for their lives, plus if we don’t beat Brighton we will be under a hell of a lot of pressure. Given the situation I’d have punted Allardyce on Monday morning. I just hope that on Saturday night we aren’t regretting that we didn’t do this.

WRD1878 off TEF...

I've been told that Paulo Fonseca is on the verge of signing a new contract with Shakhtar.

Not signed yet, but could be signed as early as this week.

If he stays WRD says he’s the only true ITK and we should fall at his feet and hang on to his every utterance
If he doesn’t stay then WRD says Moshiri read that Fonseca was about to sign a new contract and made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.
ITK’s have a 50% chance of being right but most are only about 10% correct on average
Goes to show you they are all urine and wind

I will get behind him and support him like I support every clown, at first, but mark my words, hes not the 1.
Inclined to agree with MG. For me he simply hasn't earned a chance at a club who should be looking to break into the top 6 of the Premier League. His career has been patchy at best and the way things crumbled at Watford doesn't sit well with me at all.

Getting relegated with Hull is another red flag.

I’d hazard a guess the next manager of Everton FC will come from the following:

Silva
Dyche
Howe
Arteta

It’s not an inspiring shortlist but Sam Allardyce being appointed tells us everything we need to know.

Fall any further down the pecking order & we are fishing in the Pardew, Hughes, O’Neill & Pulis pond.

Whatever happens it needs doing as soon as this season finishes or before if possible.

It is the most sensible conclusion by far. You wonder about the decision making if Silva is not now a top target
Even if the current 'top target' is Fonseca?

For all intents it's sounding like there's a very real possibility that Fonseca himself would want in, therefore we need to make it so.

It is the original WRD and he is usually very good.

Wrt Silva and people saying his head will be turned by the top 4 etc do yourselves a favour. This season's situation was pretty unique. He was hired by a club renowned for disposing of managers on a whim and their mantra is short term appointments only. Add to that EFC come calling with Moshiri's pockets full of slummy it's entirely logical for him to want to jump ship. We'd all do the same in our respective jobs in that situation.

But it doesn't mean his head will be turned at the first sign of attention. This EFC are as far removed from Watford in terms of scale and ambition as you can get.

He's a very good coach and I'd welcome him.

Status
Not open for further replies.