Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are going to change manager again in the summer ( I still do not believe we will in spite of last Saturday evening ) there is no point spending another fortune just to make the same mistake again.

The kind of money we are spending on hiring and firing will get you an experienced top quality manager.
The level of spending on transfers is also an attractive proposition.

If/when Sam leaves why make the same mistake again by hiring somebody like Silva who carries a huge level of risk with him.

Change for the sake of change makes no sense. The next one has to be right .

Since Moshiri took charge

Yannick Bolasie (DR Congo/England) black,
Morgan Scheiderlin (France)
Ashley Williams (Wales/England) mixed race,
Ademola Looman (England/Nigeria) black,
Adresa Gueye (Senegal) black
Dominick Calvert Lewin (England) mixed race
Maarten Stekelenburg (Netherland)
Enner Valencia (Ecaudor) black
Wayne Rooney (England)
Cucu Martina (Curacoa/Netherland) black,
Sandro Ramirez (Spain)
Henry Onyekuru (Nigeria) black
Cenk Tosun (Turkey/German)
Theo Walcott (England) mixed race,
Davy Klaasan (Netherlands)
Michael Keane (England/Ireland)
Jordan Pickford (England)
Gylfi Sigurdsson (Iceland)
Nikolo Vlasic (Croatia)

Yeah well racist. Signing players from the same league who have "done well" is actually a good transfer policy and the most common one in the world.
You are taking what I say literally.

I'm talking about only recruiting for the team from england, nor literally racist.

It's a fact that the only players who haven't had a chance in the first team are from outside the English leagues. It's also a fact we only ever recruit managers from the leagues.

It's a fact that the only players who haven't had a chance in the first team are from outside the English leagues. It's also a fact we only ever recruit managers from the leagues.

Recruiting managers who have experience in the same league is common sense, and the most common policy by Chairmans across the globe. Likewise, recruiting players.

It's not a fact that the only players who haven't had a chance in the first team are from outside of the English leagues. What about Luke Garbutt or Brendan Galloway? What about Lookman? plenty of people would argue their cases. And many people believe Holgate should play more.

You think not playing Klaassen more is racist?

Ridiculous.

Someone mentioned earlier - not a change of manager we need it’s a fundamental change in the top tier positions.

Get rid of bill, Elstone and walsh. Hire some professionals that know what they are doing as opposed to rob Elstone who didn’t have a clue how to get a stadium or build revenue streams until penfold knocked on his door!

Recruiting managers who have experience in the same league is common sense, and the most common policy by Chairmans across the globe. Likewise, recruiting players.

It's not a fact that the only players who haven't had a chance in the first team are from outside of the English leagues. What about Luke Garbutt or Brendan Galloway? What about Lookman? plenty of people would argue their cases. And many people believe Holgate should play more.

You think not playing Klaassen more is racist?

Ridiculous.

Yes because a) we have won loads with all these common sense managers eh compared to other clubs?

and

B) all these in league common sense signings have been boss eh?

and side point, you have just named youth players there mate. I'm talking about actual senior/experienced players

A winner a young hungry manager who doesn't talk us down and has a ethos, strategy and long term vision. Who plays attacking football who doesn't wave the white flag at any ground. If you are going to lose at least have a go.
Are you deliberately trying to describe Martinez when he signed?

Do away with Walsh (don’t want him involved in any future signings at all) and just throw a wedge at Tuchel and give him a full pre-season to oust these present set of jokers and replace them with players who will fit into a system that he wants to play.

What is the problem ? That must be clearly defined first.

It isn't Sam Allyrdyce , because he was only brought in because there is a problem... his failure has been his inability to rectify the problem. I would include Shakepeare and Sammy Lee with big Sam. They are not the solution in all probability but it is silly to describe them as the problem as the first four months of the season when we were even worse Sam was not at the club.

Could the sale of just two players affect the team so horribly. I look at Liverpool who lost an even better player and as much as I hate saying it they have a very good attitude still.

Is it Steve Walsh as he is the one constant in our demise... but , again before we scapegoat him we should understand his role in the debacle.

The other major influence is Moshiri who certainly understands money, but maybe not football. We are led to believe Bill Kenwright didn't want either Koeman or Allyrdyce and maybe the change is that they are not listening to Bill as much... not popular but I think this may be a big part of our demise.

Either way, We have had too many errors. The next one has to be right and if it takes twelve months to get him.. so be it.

I think that by this summer there will be a wholesale cleanout at the club. I think Bill and portions of the board will have been moved on, we will definitely have a new manager, and most likely a new DOF unless talents such as Lookman, Keane, and Tosun show up big for the rest of the season.

Failing to do that will be a failure by Moshiri, but I think he already plans to. Then that will mean it will be his first year where he truly has put everything to how HE wants it and that will tell the future under his ownership.

Yes because a) we have won loads with all these common sense managers eh compared to other clubs?

and

B) all these in league common sense signings have been boss eh?

Getting managers from foreign countries who have zero experience in the Premier league is a massive risk. Avram Grant, Luis Felipe Scolari, Christian Gross, Egil Olsen, Alain Perrin, Dr Josef Venglos, Jacques Santini, Jaunde Ramos are amongst the worst managers in the history of the Premier league.

Likewise, getting players in from foreign countries is a huge risk. Klaassen and Ramirez haven't been boss either have they?

The signings we made from the EPL had performed great for their clubs and before the season began we were known as the winners of the transfer market. What fcked it up, was a foreign manager who ironically had only two years experience in the EPL, and be our worst manager since Mike Walker. Yeah, he wasn't boss either.

Getting managers from foreign countries who have zero experience in the Premier league is a massive risk. Avram Grant, Luis Felipe Scolari, Christian Gross, Egil Olsen, Alain Perrin, Dr Josef Venglos, Jacques Santini, Jaunde Ramos are amongst the worst managers in the history of the Premier league.

Likewise, getting players in from foreign countries is a huge risk. Klaassen and Ramirez haven't been boss either have they?

The signings we made from the EPL had performed great for their clubs and before the season began we were known as the winners of the transfer market. What fcked it up, was a foreign manager who ironically had only two years experience in the EPL, and be our worst manager since Mike Walker. Yeah, he wasn't boss either.

See mate, that isn't true. As much as you can name failed managers/players from overseas, it is just as easy to name succesful ones. the last English manager to win the league? See what i mean.

It comes down to scouting, and proper clubs can scout better players and ours go as far as barnsley and watching match of the day.

Just signing from within england isn't succesful, more so when you sign from beneath you in the process. It costs more and its the lazy version of transfer business, which is why Walsh should be gone well before the summer.

the fact we insist on staying local despite any reward for doing so is pretty strange even for a club with money allegedly.

No Germans please! We are Everton, whoever we brought in from Germany would be awful, just so it would make tombstone teeth look better at the pit! :(

I want a pragmatist, somebody who knows that sometimes you do have to park the bus, but also feels it should never be the first choice. Who realises that playing people in the position that made them worth spending huge sums on, actually makes sense and lastly and perhaps most importantly, can grasp the concept of pkaying two strikers at home!

Instead of criticizing simply because he is German (he's German Italian btw), do some research. This guy is a tactical genius. He would do amazing with the youth we have to offer. But yes, fair enough, we should go for someone more experienced. My choice would be Simeone.

Now name the successful managers. Mourinho, Guardiola, Ranieri, pretty much every foreign manager in the league once had no experience in the league. I don't understand this argument when someone brings it up.

And Klaassen -- yea he's played like two games for us? Also notice the games where he does play. Maybe offensively he's not up to pace yet, but defensively he's always at the right place at the right time. Ramirez was given about two weeks to adapt, and of course we as a fanbase dismissed him as he couldn't in that short time frame.

Simeone would revolutionize us. Even someone like Favre would be fantastic. The only manager in the league we can get and I would consider as a potential manager would be Eddie Howe.

Now name the successful managers. Mourinho, Guardiola, Ranieri, pretty much every foreign manager in the league once had no experience in the league. I don't understand this argument when someone brings it up.

Current top 6 managers
Guardiola (2nd and 1st in first two seasons)
Mourinho (1st and 1st in first two seasons)
Klopp (8th, 4th in 1st full season)
Pochettino (saved Southampton, then 7th, 3rd, 2nd)
Conte (1st in 1st season)
Wenger (double in 1st full season)

Status
Not open for further replies.