Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth is none of us on here knows who is the best manager for Everton in our current situation. People on here touting AVB or Silva or Fonseca, some for Big Sam, and others.

Just look back a few short months and recall how we were looking forward to seeing Klaasen in blue with comments like Future Everton Captain - CL experience, will get a lot of goals from midfield, etc, and Sandro, (ex Barca, looked great for Spain U21, scoring goals in Spanish League), and Keane, (get him before the big clubs get him - top defender), or Siggy, (most assists in league, reason Swansea stayed up).

Opinions on all of these players has changed and none of them have delivered as we all thought and hoped they would.

So what am I saying? Basically nobody on here is right about much except Dave who is consistently negative, and will be right more often than not with that attitude because it's Everton.

Rant over.

Truth is none of us on here knows who is the best manager for Everton in our current situation. People on here touting AVB or Silva or Fonseca, some for Big Sam, and others.

Just look back a few short months and recall how we were looking forward to seeing Klaasen in blue with comments like Future Everton Captain - CL experience, will get a lot of goals from midfield, etc, and Sandro, (ex Barca, looked great for Spain U21, scoring goals in Spanish League), and Keane, (get him before the big clubs get him - top defender), or Siggy, (most assists in league, reason Swansea stayed up).

Opinions on all of these players has changed and none of them have delivered as we all thought and hoped they would.

So what am I saying? Basically nobody on here is right about much except Dave who is consistently negative, and will be right more often than not with that attitude because it's Everton.

Rant over.

Fully agree, after half a season Koeman was the messiah and was used as a stick to beat Martinez even more, he didn’t even last half as long.

I’ll be honest, no one were linked with excites me and I have no idea who would actually end up doing the best job.

I'm normally a glass half full guy but this Allardyce thing has a sense of finality about it for me. As far as I'm concerned this really is worse case scenario. The possibility that he's currently sitting there negotiating his 7 figure bonus for keeping us up just drives me nuts.

Everton Football Club have disappointed me so many times over the years (been fortunate enough to enjoy a few really boss moments too by the way), but this would be by far the worst ever. The fact that we're going back with our begging bowl just makes it that much worse.

Fred you strike me as a good sort.

I appreciate your honestly and take comfort in that there are other Evertonians that feel like I do.

At this stage and given our position, I'd much rather appoint a manager with experience of the Prem than some random bloke from a Champs League team. Allardyce may be a horrible man but you just know he will get more from the team than AVB or this Fonseca bloke. We need a solid unit now not flair.

Except... you don't know that.

AVB not sure about, had two chances in England and fluffed them. Fonseca? I'd definitely give the job to him over Allardyce.

AVB. 1 hour to the airport. 2 hours for customs and getting 200 Benson and Hedges and a bottle of Jamiesonin duty free. 16 hours flight from Shanghai to Manchester airport. An hour to get through customs. An hour to Goodison. 21 hours total.

Big Flab Scam. 2 hours for a farewell tipple. An hour shouting at the wife for losing the airport. 30 minutes to argue with reception about double charging for smut films. An hour to the airport. 2 hours to empty the bar in the lounge seeing those daft Scousers are paying. 1 hour delay wait for Scam to get his woodbines and some meth strength booze and a toblerone despite the calls on the tannoy. 8 hours flight from Dubai to Manchester. 1 hour to explain to the bill about the unsavoury incident on the plane with the air stewardess with no sense of humour. 3 hours waiting for Sammy Lee to pick him up but the daft effing Scouse git went to the wrong terminal. Stop off at the nearest greasy spoon for something that ain't been julianned or covered in jus, the dirty Dubai bar stewards and a sit down to make some room for the full English ("Hey Sammy don't let anyone in there for ten minutes, let the stench die down a bit - travelling always does that to my guts") An hour to Goodison. 21.5 hours total.

AVB just pips BFS to the contract by 30 minutes. We can all sleep easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.