Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
His Bolton side played some good stuff at times with Okocha. He isn't afraid to give good players the opportunity to express themselves but added to that he has his sides organised which we haven't been all season.

He isn't my first choice but given how long it has been and that we have no other options then I guess we have to get behind him.

Okocha & co was 10 years ago.....thats like saying West Ham will get 4th because Moyes did once with us!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-28-20-43-36.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-28-20-43-36.png
    285 KB · Views: 121
Just saying like, but I am wondering if we are using the "crook" that is Allardyce and we shouldn't hire him , to hide the real reason, which is that we have been so critical of him in the past as a manager for the other teams.

At this stage and given our position, I'd much rather appoint a manager with experience of the Prem than some random bloke from a Champs League team. Allardyce may be a horrible man but you just know he will get more from the team than AVB or this Fonseca bloke. We need a solid unit now not flair.

Why does everyone think the club doesn't know what it's doing? Maybe because the media is telling you?

What if the stop gap until the end of the season hasn't worked out (unsy), now the next one wants a 3 year deal instead (fat Sam). They might be struggling to fill the role temporarily until Simeone in the summer. Or they're still negotiating an early release for Diego now!
I think them not knowing what they’re doing seems abit more realistic.

Why does everyone think the club doesn't know what it's doing? Maybe because the media is telling you?

What if the stop gap until the end of the season hasn't worked out (unsy), now the next one wants a 3 year deal instead (fat Sam). They might be struggling to fill the role temporarily until Simeone in the summer. Or they're still negotiating an early release for Diego now!
I would argue that the media say the opposite about the club to be honest. It never questioned why moyes had no money, it never questioned selling all our players for no reason. The media never questioned Martinez even when it got embarrassing and they have not questioned too deeply as to what is wrong at the club.

I think the perspective is we see with our own eyes as fans the board don't know what they are doing. 5 weeks to hire a new manager this season, and the end result of it is Sam allardyce. Just to put it into perspective, we spent 150 million just to give it to fireman Sam? Something doesn't add up there, and it stems from the board.

This talk of simeone and what not is just foolish to even believe. Mate have you seen one thing in the past 22 years that makes you think any good manager will come here? Or that anyone at the club is competent to bring one in, especially when they can't even sign one friggin striker to play up front? I have said it for weeks but this club is a complete joke now, we have no team spirit, no leaders, no-one from the owner downwards cares about losing games (expected losses), there's no fight , setting out to hire a Hollywood manager (moshiris words) and ending up with a fat bloke who went on holiday to Hollywood once and tells everyone in the pub about it. We can't even put a statement out to the fans, we channel it through jim white on the scum associated talk sport , thats embarassing in itself. And as a fan base we still are too stubborn to admit we are no better than a mid table team and haven't been for a long time despite views of grandeur living in the past. The board is no better than venkys or villa or Sunderland or qpr (see the pattern here?) And this managerial appointment just compounds that fact.

And the worst bit is I actually want allardyce to come here because the last thing I want to see is my club destroyed through a relegation because the people running it thought flashing a bit of cash was the answer to all our problems. Because that's the ultimate nail in the clubs coffin, a fan like me can find the positive in an appointment like this because I have to.

This isn't aimed at you despite the wording sounding otherwise. It's a vent to all my annoyance with the club. But as a fan base we need to stop going on like we have just had a bad couple of years and we deserve to be better off. Our past glories were 30 years ago , our last trophy was 22 years ago. We are crap, poorly run since that last trophy no matter who is in charge and have done nothing of note other than sell the record England and United goalscorer to Manchester United.

We all took the piss out of big stand fc but give it a few years and we will be new stadium fc, with a boss new stadium and a crap underperforming team with a crap manager still acting like we belong with the big boys.

I'm just sick to death of thinking otherwise about my club. Why should I or anyone else care when the owner running the club doesn't care if we get beat? What happened to us? We sold our soul and for what? We are worse than we ever were for a long time and it saddens me to think this is all stemmed from a board now more concerned about sponsorships than actual football.

I never expected a title charge or even to challenge the money clubs for a top 4 place this season. I just wanted us to compete, to be able to keep a clean sheet, win a few games we should be winning and building something but what have we built? Even the last 2 games, Southampton had scored 12 goals this season and then put 4 past us. Atalanta cruised to a 5-1 win and their last win was 2 months ago, against us. That's embarrassing. But allardyce is not good enough for us, we should be expecting league winning managers coming here because 30 years ago we were good. How about we have 11 players on a pitch who care about the team before we start thinking beyond that?

So we appoint Fat Sam [I prefer Fat Sam to Big Sam as big implies he has some muscle definition]...everybody on this forum and just about everybody anywhere in the world who knows anything about soccer is of the opinion, that if we appoint him, he will save us from relegation...What if we appoint him, and we still get relegated...will he refund us his salary; can we sue his fat arse; can we harm him; can we jail him...Thank you...
Sizeable Samuel?

Status
Not open for further replies.