Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever the time comes for a replacement, I hope they make a distinction between the biggest name and the best fit.

The two are usually not the same, and I think that especially applies to Everton.

The ‘name’ managers have an expectation of things being given on a plate and/or see us as a stop-gap or stepping stone from day one.

Koeman is a bit of an anomaly there, it seems he was hired on the strength of his reputation and name recognition coupled with the job he did at Southampton. He is certainly not a hugely decorated manager and has had a varied managerial career, putting it neutrally. But there is a fairly wide acceptance that he doesn’t live and breathe to achieve something here.

You don’t need to be an Evertonian to get the club, Martinez came across very well at times in that respect, even if he was clueless in most others.

The right man at the right time is the best appointment, sometimes it just clicks, we can’t afford another poor choice though whenever that may be.

Whenever the time comes for a replacement, I hope they make a distinction between the biggest name and the best fit.

The two are usually not the same, and I think that especially applies to Everton.

The ‘name’ managers have an expectation of things being given on a plate and/or see us as a stop-gap or stepping stone from day one.

Koeman is a bit of an anomaly there, it seems he was hired on the strength of his reputation and name recognition coupled with the job he did at Southampton. He is certainly not a hugely decorated manager and has had a varied managerial career, putting it neutrally. But there is a fairly wide acceptance that he doesn’t live and breathe to achieve something here.

You don’t need to be an Evertonian to get the club, Martinez came across very well at times in that respect, even if he was clueless in most others.

The right man at the right time is the best appointment, sometimes it just clicks, we can’t afford another poor choice though whenever that may be.
Ralf rangnick is the man who fits this bill

Ancelotti and Tuchel listed on the poll lol

You'll have the likes of Milan and Arsenal sniffing around them, not a chance they'd even consider us.

I think, or at least I hope, that they were jocular options.

Ancelotti, like the media and every player born after 1987, probably regards us as another Stoke or Burnley.

And Tuchel has probably never heard of us.

I love Unsworth, and one day he might make a brilliant top flight manager.

BUT.... I just don't think its right now, and don't think we should go with him for a sustained period currently.

Yes, Unsworth should be a good manager, but I don't think its right now. He should be an assistant manager first and assist the next manager for several years and then take over the manager post of Everton after a few years.

Since we have a history of Scotish managers? Available now lads....

9566601585_915c7b3151_b.jpg

if koeman fails the only chance we would have of getting a quality manager here would be if we gave him all the money he wanted to spend

i would bring moyes home and see the reunion with rooney

still have faith

I think i got lampooned for this before but if it all goes south with Koeman.We could do a lot worse than Sean Dyche with Unsy as his number 2.The job he's done with Burnley has been more than respectable.He's a good proper british manager who knows the league inside out as well.It's all well and good saying i want Anelotti.But he has only worked with teams that were established in the elite of their leagues.We would be a completely different challenge for him.If we get him all well and good but i wouldn't look down my nose at Sean Dyche at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.