Next 4 league fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Beto saving Dyche’s bum here. Regardless of how the board let us down Dyche lost 8 very winnable points (Wolves, Fullham and Sheffield) and the season will only get more difficult. He has to have a drastic turnaround and that doesn’t start with excuses. There are only so many dropped points you can excuse.

I will give him Fullham because of Maupay and the disallowed goal. We had Beto and we still blew the Sheffield game. Wolves is not excused either. Our errors defensively have been comical and Dyche deserves a fair share of the blame for that. He has set us up to be very vulnerable. The lack of goals is also damning. We’ll see if Beto improves that.
Honestly I let Dyche off the hook completely because having Beto for about a week before Sheffield United isn’t long enough and the actual performances against Fulham and Wolves were very good apart from putting the ball in the net.

If we weren’t a total financial disaster and could’ve signed Beto in June, I fully believe we’d have at least 7 points right now.

So I give Dyche a pass until now. 6+ points required from next four games and it’d be really great if we didn’t take 0 from the next two or the vultures will be circling and the pressure against Luton will be huge.

Max we can hope for is 4 points/0-0 draws since we cant get the damn ball into that square thing with the net over it.

Are the expectations not to simply survive this season? Do y’all really expect anything more?

What we don’t need is a new manger again.
What we don’t need is unrealistic expectations.

There are 5 clubs without a win. We need to finish above 3 of them. Anything else is a bonus this season. Anyone expecting otherwise, just silly. The state of this club currently…..we are lucky to even be here this season.

Are the expectations not to simply survive this season? Do y’all really expect anything more?

There are 5 clubs without a win. We need to finish above 3 of them. Anything else is a bonus this season. Anyone expecting otherwise, just silly. The state of this club currently…..we are lucky to even be here this season.
Spot on mate.

We do not have unrealistic expectations.

However, and this is just my opinion, if we keep Dyche we go down.

yes and we will have played 4 of the easiest 6 teams at home.

We don't win away so getting points from those games is vital.
I don't care mate. You're not nailed on for relegation at the end of September if you only have 7 points or less from your opening 8 games. You just aren't.

I think you have caught the panic bug. It's what coming in here does to you.:(

Right, if you arent beating the bottom 6 at home, you arent making it
In 20/21 we got beat by 3 of the 4 bottom teams at home and finished 10th with 55 points. The following season we got beat by 3 of the bottom 7 at home (I added another one in as we finished in the bottom 6 ourselves) Last season we lost 2 and drew 1 and also lost to Wolves who were one place above the bottom 7, but who you'll agree that until the last few weeks were also locked in the relegation battle. Over the past 3 seasons we have been beaten 6 times at home by teams who were eventually relegated.

Obviously it makes it much more difficult for us, but getting beat at home by the teams around you doesn't automatically mean that you are down.

In 20/21 we got beat by 3 of the 4 bottom teams at home and finished 10th with 55 points. The following season we got beat by 3 of the bottom 7 at home (I added another one in as we finished in the bottom 6 ourselves) Last season we lost 2 and drew 1 and also lost to Wolves who were one place above the bottom 7, but who you'll agree that until the last few weeks were also locked in the relegation battle. Over the past 3 seasons we have been beaten 6 times at home by teams who were eventually relegated.

Obviously it makes it much more difficult for us, but getting beat at home by the teams around you doesn't automatically mean that you are down.
Okay, so let me qualify that with when you are a bottom 5 side if you arent beating the bottom 6 at home, you arent making it. An okay team has the luxury to lose games at home against their competition. A bad team does not because they cant beat anyone else. Last year we only survived because a win at home against the bottom 6. Even then last year was an aberration where we did worse against the bottom 6 and survived. But is it a coincidence that our worst premier league season ever, our worst point total ever, and the one that almost got us relegated was the one we did worse against the bottom 6?

The year prior we only survived because we won 4 of 5 against the bottom 6 at home. I dont think this team is picking up enough wins from the Villas, Man Us and Arsenal at home.

3 points although I don't know where they are coming from

So that's 4 points from first 8....people are aware Lampard was on 10 points after 8 game last season so Dyche would be miles off even Frankie boy's output.

Of course then it went horribly wrong so perhaps people are expecting a big improvement from mid October but then you have all of RS, West Ham away, Man. United, Newcastle, Chelsea and Spurs in a two month period and I just don't see many wins from those games.

Already huge pressure on the six pointers at home, Dyche has to win Luton and Bournemouth really just to be around point a game mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.