News of Ex Players

Ashley Williams has hung up his boots, then.

There’s no sugar coating the fact that he was proper bum for us, but I don’t think it was always for a lack of trying, he just wasn’t good enough.

I was personally made up when he signed - I thought it was a great deal to get the money we did for Stones and then get this lad in on the relative cheap.

As it turns out, I think he kind of epitomises that period in our (embarrassingly recent) history, when it comes to transfer activity and style of play.

History is what he is, mind, and I wish the big fella luck in whatever he does next. Just pls don’t give him a job, Bill.
12 million for a 32 year old potato on 70 grand a week is not what i would call cheap

He seemed like a sensible signing at the time. Lots of experience, had a good Euros with Wales and had leadership qualities.

First season he wasn’t awful. Then he came back from the summer break about 4 stone heavier and was very very bad from then on.

Think the whole thing sums up our recruitment at the time tbh. Over the hill players on big contracts to replace the young spine we had in Stones, Lukaku and Barkley.

Do you know what relative means, mate? And do you understand that I was referring to my feelings prior to him turning into human garbage before our eyes?
Seems you dont know what cheap means. Over 25 million spent for a below par to average first season and quite frankly his second season was quite possibly the worst of any centre back we have ever had that i can remember.
You keep saying relative to stones we got 47.5m for stones -9 million sell on fee to barnsley 38.5m. 38.5m minus 25m spent on fat boy mop head williams leaves 13.5 m profit from a 47.5m sale. Cheap was the wrong word to use clearly its not, not cheap, not relatively cheap but a disaster.

Seems you dont know what cheap means. Over 25 million spent for a below par to average first season and quite frankly his second season was quite possibly the worst of any centre back we have ever had that i can remember.
You keep saying relative to stones we got 47.5m for stones -9 million sell on fee to barnsley 38.5m. 38.5m minus 25m spent on fat boy mop head williams leaves 13.5 m profit from a 47.5m sale. Cheap was the wrong word to use clearly its not, not cheap, not relatively cheap but a disaster.
Not sure if you’re dense or just one of those mad people who feels boss about arguing for no apparent reason on the Internet.

“WHEN HE SIGNED” = The sentiment was based solely on transfer fees. My perception was that we were getting a quality player in to replace a raw talent.

“RELATIVELY CHEAP” - c13 is a far lower number than c50 by anybody’s standards.

Not sure what’s upset you today, my friend, but the length’s you’ve gone to in order to debate semantics in a largely subjective post has been most upsetting to me.

In any event I’m being a hypocrite by replying so I’ll just leave it there.

Have a good one.

Not sure if you’re dense or just one of those mad people who feels boss about arguing for no apparent reason on the Internet.

“WHEN HE SIGNED” = The sentiment was based solely on transfer fees. My perception was that we were getting a quality player in to replace a raw talent.

“RELATIVELY CHEAP” - c13 is a far lower number than c50 by anybody’s standards.

Not sure what’s upset you today, my friend, but the length’s you’ve gone to in order to debate semantics in a largely subjective post has been most upsetting to me.

In any event I’m being a hypocrite by replying so I’ll just leave it there.

Have a good one.
Yeah ok