News of Ex Players

He was an important player for us and I don't doubt that he enjoyed his time here.

He earned his move to Arsenal, and just loved life there even more. Can't say I blame him, Arsenal are still football royalty. I only hope we can claim back our place at top while I'm still around to enjoy it.
And what was your opinion of his conduct when he returned to Goodison after he left?

Good article about Gordon in the BBC.

Lots of quotes from Neil Dewsnip in it. I like this one. I especially agree with the bold bit. That's why you see a lot of players not really showing their true potential until they start getting past their early 20s IMO. I would also argue that not only maturing physically but also emotionally has something to do with it.

“The next three or four years could be very exciting for Anthony. He’s got talent people are desperate for: he can score goals and create goals. When you get older and more mature physically, you’re able to do those things more often. Maybe that’s what we are starting to see.

He "loved every minute"...especially the last one when he cried his eyes out and jumped up and down in front of Moyes until he handed him his dream move to a CL playing club.

An absolute helmet-headed rodent.

Add to that, the fact that he did his level best to snap Baines in half, during that 3 nil defeat during the 2013/2014 season, when he scored an own goal in front of the street end.

He "loved every minute"...especially the last one when he cried his eyes out and jumped up and down in front of Moyes until he handed him his dream move to a CL playing club.

An absolute helmet-headed rodent.
We got his best years and much needed cash.
Never understood the hate for Arteta. One of the few enjoyable things about this team in the last 30 odd years.

He got CL level football here.
I mean you’ve definitely typed that carefully because we didn’t get champions league footy did we because we didn’t qualify . I’m pretty sure every year after he left for arsenal he not only got CL level football he played CL level football .

Didn’t massively begrudge him leaving but For me watching him celebrate by kissing the badge change my opinion and definitely impacted on my memories .

I mean you’ve definitely typed that carefully because we didn’t get champions league footy did we because we didn’t qualify . I’m pretty sure every year after he left for arsenal he not only got CL level football he played CL level football .

Didn’t massively begrudge him leaving but For me watching him celebrate by kissing the badge change my opinion and definitely impacted on my memories .
Does 4th get you to CL level now?

Exactly.

Thats cos hes a winner, playing in a league where winning matters.

Go back to loving Brenda and singing YNWA.

Ha Ha. I have no affinity with that lot and still less with Gnashers.

Arteta laughed in your face. What did that fell like?