News of Ex Players

Calls are growing among Celta fans for Benitez to be sacked.

They hung on to draw 0-0 against Rayo Vallecano tonight, a result that leaves them stuck in the bottom 3.

One win from 16 league games for Rafael.

I've just learnt the Spanish for "dinosaur".

Looks like my prediction of gone before the New Year, might be about the happe.

@ForeverBlue92 where next for the Rafatollah, Marine, Scarborough, Glossop, York City ?

Calls are growing among Celta fans for Benitez to be sacked.

They hung on to draw 0-0 against Rayo Vallecano tonight, a result that leaves them stuck in the bottom 3.

One win from 16 league games for Rafael.

I've just learnt the Spanish for "dinosaur".
The fans are a disgrace. They should be grateful that a manager of that magnitude is willing to drop down to such a level. They should know their place.

Congratulations to Frank D’Arcy. Finally awarded his 1969/70 league title winners medal

.jpeg

Former Everton defender Frank D’Arcy has finally been presented with his 1969/70 League Championship medal.

D’Arcy made five appearances during the Blues' title-winning campaign which, until recently, meant he didn’t qualify for a medal at the end of that season.

However, the Football League recently altered the eligibility conditions and Everton moved quickly to order and pay for gongs for D’Arcy, Roger Kenyon (also 69/70), Paul Wilkinson (84/85) and Warren Aspinall (86/87).

D’Arcy is the last of the four to accept his medal, presented to him at home by 1986/87 title-winner Ian Snodin.

Congratulations to Frank D’Arcy. Finally awarded his 1969/70 league title winners medal

View attachment 238519
Former Everton defender Frank D’Arcy has finally been presented with his 1969/70 League Championship medal.

D’Arcy made five appearances during the Blues' title-winning campaign which, until recently, meant he didn’t qualify for a medal at the end of that season.

However, the Football League recently altered the eligibility conditions and Everton moved quickly to order and pay for gongs for D’Arcy, Roger Kenyon (also 69/70), Paul Wilkinson (84/85) and Warren Aspinall (86/87).

D’Arcy is the last of the four to accept his medal, presented to him at home by 1986/87 title-winner Ian Snodin.

Lovely stuff, but far too late.

View attachment 238519

….lovely story, I actually remember watching Frank D’Arcy in the successful 64/65 FA Youth Cup winning team. He was a fine player in a team of fine players;

IMG_7342.jpeg

Is that John Hurst and Jimmy Husband in our youth side as well eggs?

….it is, Mate.

John Hurst was actually a striker back then but Husband was fantastic in that team that went on to win the trophy. I can distinctly remember standing on the Goodison Rd terrace as a 9 year old and being so impressed with Husband wearing no10. They were a fine side, even the goalkeeper Geoff Barnett played for Arsenal in an FA Cup Final.

Frank D’Arcy was a class act.

Forgive me but what've Curwen and McBride done wrong to warrant nigh expletives?

….ha, ha, it’s not my programme just something I saw on the interweb. I actually remember the programmes, they were a single white embossed sheet and they played military marches out of the Goodison Rd speakers.

John Aston starred for United when they won the European Cup in ‘68, Jimmy Rimmer won the European Cup with Villa so it was a fine United youth team but the Toffees won 5-0.

Forgive me but what've Curwen and McBride done wrong to warrant nigh expletives?
I think it says capt, for captain.
John Aston starred for United when they won the European Cup in ‘68, Jimmy Rimmer won the European Cup with Villa so it was a fine United youth team but the Toffees won 5-0.
I think the no.7 for Utd is Willie Anderson, who went to Longview School in Huyton. He went on to play for Aston Villa.