Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti says the packed festive schedule will force him into making changes to the starting line-up for the game with Newcastle.
The Italian has hinted that Theo Walcott, Michael Keane, Tom Davies and Leighton Baines could come into the starting XI as he tries to keep players fresh – and avoid injuries – with a trip to Manchester City following the game with Newcastle on New Year's Day

While not changing a winning team is important, this run of games is far to compact to not make changes.
Plus I think Carlo needs to see all the players for himself.

Pickford
Sidibe Holgate Mina Baines
Walcott Davies Delph Iwobi
Richarlison Kean​

Just trying to think of some changes based on what Ancelotti said with the need to rejig the side.

Not sure if he'll go with Keane in defence as it's virtually being happy to play with a disadvantage from the start.

5 changes from yesterday, probably get Delph, Mina and Richi off as subs to keep them fit.
Iwobi out with hamstring injury, sadly.

Not gonna be happy to let us have as much of the ball as Burnley, but they also look very open at the back as a result.

They’ll probably want a reaction from this given it’s a home game, but we’re the team with the momentum.

Same starting line up for me (injury/fitness dependant)

0-2 to the blues :D

iwobi is injured,snides off for Xmas,and the two long terms still out.everyone else is ok but I think he will change it and rest a few.wouldnt be suprised if he starts moise kean

Tough with the fixtures and all of the injuries, but a win in this game would be huge. Based on the other games this week, would all of the sudden vault us to 3 points off of 7th and just 4 off of 6th.

iwobi is injured,snides off for Xmas,and the two long terms still out.everyone else is ok but I think he will change it and rest a few.wouldnt be suprised if he starts moise kean
wouldn't mind seeing Richarlison get a day off.

Can't grind our players into dust over the festive period. Silva did it to Gomes and others last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.