Newcastle United v Everton. Boxing Day at 1730.

Geordies

• Sound

Votes: 34 12.9%
  • Prefer Mackems

Votes: 134 51.0%
  • Never liked the Scottish myself

Votes: 73 27.8%
  • Preferable to pretty much all the other teds in the country

Votes: 22 8.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in 2005 I was sat on the edge of the bed, listening to the radio with my head in my hands just willing us to score against Sunderland - Cahill did from a 93rd minute corner and we never looked back

10 years on, corner to Everton in the 93rd minute, again in the North East, I'm in the exact same place, head in hands.... Cleverly scores.

Great result, but I need a life.....

2005 December - 0-4 at West Brom (November I think), 0-4 home to Bolton, 0-4 at Villa, 1-3 home to the RS - and my Mum died.. don't think it could get much worse..

Back in 2005 I was sat on the edge of the bed, listening to the radio with my head in my hands just willing us to score against Sunderland - Cahill did from a 93rd minute corner and we never looked back

10 years on, corner to Everton in the 93rd minute, again in the North East, I'm in the exact same place, head in hands.... Cleverly scores.

Great result, but I need a life.....
and a new bed that one is 10yrs old now ;)

Remember this well and it was a massive jump start for us.

We were in really dire straits as well, I don't even want to think about what would have happened if Cahill had never scored. Maybe Moyes would have been sacked, we'd have never re-signed Stubbs, tightened the defence, continued to lose and may even have been relegated.

Today our situation is less perilous, but the win is still crucial, as I think a top half finish at the VERY least will be key to retaining the young talents we have.

Rom, Del, Brendan, Fumes & Stones - the future "spine" of the team. Stones and Rom excepted they are a couple of years away from full maturity - with the right coaching the sky is the limit, so today's result could be a massive one in the long term.

With the players we have now it should be better and could be better.
Its getting there and doesn't happen instantly. That's why its worth having faith in forward thinking managers for at least the length of the contract or if we are in serious danger of relegation then I would out him. Otherwise its a no brainer to keep a progressive manager even though its on the drip.

Status
Not open for further replies.