New Everton Stadium Discussion

Will never happen

Heehee....it’s killing you this isn’t it.

I’m amazed how much Liverpool fans have gone into overdrive talking about this lately. They’re obsessed, beyond rationale but there’s nothing they can do to stop this stadium.

Every social media outlet I see is just full of Liverpool fans mentioning Everton’s ground. It properly grates them and I can understand why. I’d hate them to be building such a superb stadium, in the city centre, on the banks of the Mersey.

I’m amazed how much Liverpool fans have gone into overdrive talking about this lately. They’re obsessed, beyond rationale but there’s nothing they can do to stop this stadium.

Every social media outlet I see is just full of Liverpool fans mentioning Everton’s ground. It properly grates them and I can understand why. I’d hate them to be building such a superb stadium, in the city centre, on the banks of the Mersey.

To be fair the new stadiums coming along nicely

To be fair the new stadiums coming along nicely

It is mate, it’s progressing nicely.

LCC have as be completed all the infrastructure upgrades, improving the road access etc prior to us starting. Obviously to stop tax payers complaining that the club are getting tax payers money.

Now that’s done, the planning process has been conducted brilliantly. Everything’s now in, all on schedule and work now started on site.

It’s good to see. All credit to the club.

He was defo a blue.

Forget any stupid, cryptic tweet from Meis.

But if Covid-19 was not to have any effect at all on plans for our new ground it would be unbelievable. The timing of this to football in general and building of new stadium projects has been terrible. The world has changed to such a degree that the most successful, richest clubs are now counting their pennies.

Unless Usmanov begins to get deeply involved in the club I expect at the very least a delay or a downgrading of specs. Maybe we can seriously revisit a piecemeal upgrade of Goodison which was always my preferred choice.

They’re going to drop the socially distancing measures to 1m in the coming days. By the time we’re meant to be constructing this there will probably be minimal social distancing guidelines.

Anyway, seems much more likely Meis' tweet relates to this rather than anything to do with your stadium...

FC Cincinnati owners have chosen a new architect to build its West End stadium – one fresh off designing Major League Soccer's two newest stadiums. The internationally-recognized firm, Populous, which has offices on four continents will continue to "drive the owner's vision," FCC President and General Manager Jeff Berding told The Enquirer...

...Berding stopped short of saying the original firm, New York- and Los Angeles-based Meis, was fired...