New Everton Stadium Discussion

If Dan Meis was removed with immediate effect from absolutely anything Everton related, the project would now carry on like he never existed. There is zero risk to the project based upon the involvement of Meis. His work has largely been done, and he's been paid very handsomely for the work he has completed. He would be involved much less now that the projects edges into delivery stages.

That's it, his job is done.

Laings are the one in the driving seat and they are still proceeding with its costing etc.

I'm just wondering what Meis' last tweet means, tbh.

I suspect either he's been decommissioned or the ambitions for the stadium design have been downgraded.

Would hope the said tweet had nothing to do with us, but it's Everton. Hopefully the first part of your tweet and this has been kind of said just lately, the second part of it being downgraded, would be totally unacceptable for me and most fans tbh.

I'm just wondering what Meis' last tweet means, tbh.

I suspect either he's been decommissioned or the ambitions for the stadium design have been downgraded.

Only skimmed this but is it referenced or copying Everton in in some way?

Even if it is Everton the language would be different if the project had been pulled due to financial issues, planning knock back or the like. He'd be more likely to saying he was 'gutted' and feeling for us all IMO. If it is Everton related its more likely that he has lost the gig.

Based on his silence, I reckon it’s probably about Everton, but it doesn’t mean the stadium is off. Maybe the club have done something backhanded to him that’s wound him up. But the tweet doesn’t suggest anything like the stadium falling through.

Would hope the said tweet had nothing to do with us, but it's Everton. Hopefully the first part of your tweet and this has been kind of said just lately, the second part of it being downgraded, would be totally unacceptable for me and most fans tbh.
Only skimmed this but is it referenced or copying Everton in in some way?

Even if it is Everton the language would be different if the project had been pulled due to financial issues, planning knock back or the like. He'd be more likely to saying he was 'gutted' and feeling for us all IMO. If it is Everton related its more likely that he has lost the gig.
I'm inclined to believe it'll be more related to his role.

I've said all along about this feller though that he is very unprofessional in his public commentary.

Stadium wont be in doubt, will be Everton changing architect or whatever. If it was stadium being pulled he wouldn't be tweeting like that.

People panic for no reason. Even if Everton have upset Meis, him and his company have a contractual obligation to the project and as lead designers they will coordinate and assist in any design issues until the end of the project. It means nothing.