New Everton Stadium Discussion

The esk has been proved on that many occasions now he is a parody of himself.
Still has a bit of financial background but also has an agenda from I can see

Who should we listen to???

The Esk or a BILLIONAIRE Accountant?

The way people talk about the finances of the Club as if we haven't got an accountant and his very successful mate running it is baffling.

Inappropriate Language
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/new-stadium-discussion.66451/post-7616571 ;)

It didn't, it's pretty much the same, which is incredible. lol They've got to be the exception that proves the rule though. Nothing about that stadium move is typical. I'd be very surprised if you could find another stadium move like West Ham's where revenue stayed the same!!

I've just read we're going to have 9 capacity non-football events at NWHL in the summer. West Ham don't get any revenue from other events at the Olympic stadium. Even as a sceptic, you've got to admit BMD is much closer to what we've done than West Ham's model. And on top of that, I hate to point out, you're starting from a lower base than West Ham were ever at with stadium revenue. So I'd expect a significant difference between GP and BMD.
I think the key issue at West Ham was they had over 70 boxes at the Boleyn
Who should we listen to???

The Esk or a BILLIONAIRE Accountant?

The way people talk about the finances of the Club as if we haven't got an accountant and his very successful mate running it is baffling.

Could it be because we just posted our biggest yearly loss ever? Or because he employed 2 [Poor language removed] managers and a [Poor language removed] DOF that blew his war chest, and have now got the FFP people looking at us quite closely? Baffling?

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/new-stadium-discussion.66451/post-7616571 ;)

It didn't, it's pretty much the same, which is incredible. lol They've got to be the exception that proves the rule though. Nothing about that stadium move is typical. I'd be very surprised if you could find another stadium move like West Ham's where revenue stayed the same!!

I've just read we're going to have 9 capacity non-football events at NWHL in the summer. West Ham don't get any revenue from other events at the Olympic stadium. Even as a sceptic, you've got to admit BMD is much closer to what we've done than West Ham's model. And on top of that, I hate to point out, you're starting from a lower base than West Ham were ever at with stadium revenue. So I'd expect a significant difference between GP and BMD.

West Ham have almost doubled their capacity, yet their matchday income is roughly the same as at the Boleyn ground 5yrs ago. That would seem to defy logic. Increased supply might go some way to explain low price structure. It was probably apparent that they could never fill the place at the same prices as at the Boleyn and have had to cut them dramatically.

Could it also be because they had over 70 boxes at their old ground, and I'm not sure if there are only 16 at the London Stadium?

If so our model of just 20 boxes is possibly similar to theirs, and in no way compatible to Spurs 80 boxes for instance...... but more importantly they got their new stadium for nothing, and therefore can afford to slash prices! Ours is coming in at approx £10k per seat, and we already charge some of the lowest prices in the league to fill just 39k....

I think the key issue at West Ham was they had over 70 boxes at the Boleyn

Could it be because we just posted our biggest yearly loss ever? Or because he employed 2 [Poor language removed] managers and a [Poor language removed] DOF that blew his war chest, and have now got the FFP people looking at us quite closely? Baffling?

If our billionaire accountant isnt majorly scared about the losses then neither am i. Simple. Why fans get hung up on that side of it ill never know.

If our billionaire accountant isnt majorly scared about the losses then neither am i. Simple. Why fans get hung up on that side of it ill never know.

I don't suppose the Glazers are particularly bothered about carpet bagging Utd either.
I've no idea if he's "majorly scared" or not.... perhaps concerned enough to have to go cap in hand to his mate for a sub?

If we don't have a major influx of players in the summer that will be confirmation of soiled trousers the present lack of activity is a mere hint at touching cloth