New Everton Stadium Discussion

The more I think about this stadium the more excited I get for the whole match day experience.
It will be some experience for away fans more than those who live in the City.
Hopefully they will all pass by or close by the Liver birds, Albert Dock and all those majestic buildings. Walking towards the new magnificent stadium and onto the concourse and into the ground.
A fantastic mix of old and new and hopefully they will all go away with fond memories, besides the result obviously.

Already came :cool:
Ct-P99vWAAEU8uI.jpg

And so it starts... this article is utter garbage....but it will likely be one of many over the course of the next year...

Not sure it’s a slight on us really. And it makes some good points.

Did you read the whole article?

It ends with this:

‘The stakes are sky-high here, and perhaps the nicest thing you could say about Everton as a club at this still-early stage is that if they can’t pull it off, it’s hard to see who else can.’

Not sure it’s a slight on us really. And it makes some good points.

Did you read the whole article?

It ends with this:

‘The stakes are sky-high here, and perhaps the nicest thing you could say about Everton as a club at this still-early stage is that if they can’t pull it off, it’s hard to see who else can.’

Yes I read the whole article.

Don’t let the somewhat OK last paragraph distract you from the clear undertones.

It completely discounts the proposed redevelopment of L4 because it doesn’t fit with the agenda.

You cannot look at the Bramley Moore Dock development in isolation - if we don’t get the new stadium then the L4 proposal doesn’t happen either, simple as that - so to completely ignore the L4 proposal because it doesn’t fit the narrative completely exposes the article for what it is.

Yes I read the whole article.

Don’t let the somewhat OK last paragraph distract you from the clear undertones.

It completely discounts the proposed redevelopment of L4 because it doesn’t fit with the agenda.

You cannot look at the Bramley Moore Dock development in isolation - if we don’t get the new stadium then the L4 proposal doesn’t happen either, simple as that - so to completely ignore the L4 proposal because it doesn’t fit the narrative completely exposes the article for what it is.
I personally don’t have an issue with it.

i think he makes some fair points about football in general and gentrification.

He does mention the goodison redevelopment but I think you are right in terms of the flawed logic. A stadium isn’t going to impact local GDP much directly. But what it will attract (shopping/business/services) will.

He's copied and pasted the club's press release and stuff from the Meis workshops

Respect the hustle for trying to pass it off as new/exclusive

I heard him (supposedly) on talk sport. He seemed articulate and of sound mind. I just don't get the weird pathological fake blagging.

I said it on here a couple of weeks ago and got pelters for it.About how I can do without all the trimmings of the Spurs gaff. Cheese shops and Beavertown on draught as long as it feels like a proper football stadium.A place made for football. All these new stadiums even though they look nice and are all geared towards so called "fan experience" but ultimately the fans experience starts when the whistle goes and not spending all sorts of dough on absolute rubbish.

Said it last night. If we complete this no one will come close in terms of originality,and we will break the mould of stadiums in this country like we did 125 years ago.
agree with this

Though I wouldn’t say no to Big Wave on draught.

Yes it is, but probably not to the extent that we need to cool down a stadium in Liverpool in winter for the foreseeable future
I agree AC would be a bit over the top. That said, if the outside of the home end is a wall of glass it will get warm enough at the start and end of the season. I'm sure Dan has done his homework on this and has factored in some ventilation for the warmer days. Why not ask him on Twitter? I don't do it myself.