New Everton Stadium Discussion

no it is not, the club have said end of july & that has not changed. you can post daily about it but it will not change anything. Like the rest of us, wait till the 2nd consultation & see what is published then we can all discuss what we deem to be positives or flaws in the plans.

If the news is underwhelming then we can probably expect a signing that day to soften the blow.

Rotherham: would love to see us out of existence. A Kopite to the bitter core. Forget that feller being even a neutral on the stadium issue.

Politically, he would slime his way into any type of system casting one skin off for another. An opportunist.

Never to be trusted.
Wow I'm 100% in agreement with dave, I didn't anticipate saying so in this thread.
As for Rotherham his smarmy face screams arrogant Kopite.

Why don't we just name the stadium

THE UNESCO Stadium

Shared sponsors of UN (United Nations) which in turn helps with Usmanov's human rights record on the downlow and ESCO Technologies with a net worth of $2.18 billion. We keep our World Heritage site badge and bring in much needed stadium revenue.

Everyone wins
the B&M bowl has a much better ring to it..

Most iconic footballing venue in the world imo. Giant stands, and great architecture with the steel girders and towers.
It’s lost a bit of its lustre with the decline of Serie A. In the days of Van Basten, Gullit, Weah etc (and to an extent Ronaldo at Inter) seeing a match at the San Siro was pretty much the number one choice in the world for fans/tourists. A stadium is only really as good as the performers who play in it.

Highbury was definitely elevated with Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira and co. The Emirates has been disparaged for being a bit of a bland bowl but I wonder if that would still be the case if that great Arsenal side were playing in it and not Xhaka. Iwobi, Ramsay and co.

It’s lost a bit of its lustre with the decline of Serie A. In the days of Van Basten, Gullit, Weah etc (and to an extent Ronaldo at Inter) seeing a match at the San Siro was pretty much the number one choice in the world for fans/tourists. A stadium is only really as good as the performers who play in it.

Highbury was definitely elevated with Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira and co. The Emirates has been disparaged for being a bit of a bland bowl but I wonder if that would still be the case if that great Arsenal side were playing in it and not Xhaka. Iwobi, Ramsay and co.
Arsenal could have a team containing Pele, Eusebio, Ronaldo and Messi all in their pomp turning out for them and the Emirates would still be a horrendous , dreary corporate mess of a stadium believe me.
It stands as the perfect example of what not to do when constructing football stadia.

Rotherham: would love to see us out of existence. A Kopite to the bitter core. Forget that feller being even a neutral on the stadium issue.

Politically, he would slime his way into any type of system casting one skin off for another. An opportunist.

Never to be trusted.
Genuinely never thought I'd see the day where I would be in agreement with @davek....am going for a sit down.

I fully realised that when many thought firing Koeman and hiring Fat Sam was a bit kneejerk.
Not so ....any whiff of relegation here any future manager will get the same treatment . His absolute priority is protecting his investment.
The guy is ruthless....and I like it.
He will not fail in this stadium .
HE WONT FAIL HIS MASTER.
HE KNOWS THE CONSEQUENCES

Other than a face lift inside, I cant see it being a game changer in revenues that a new place would be. I guess at a push, the Park End could be expanded, (and yeah I know, there were them plans from ages ago), but other than that, dunno how.
Lads just need to see the dots and join them up correctly.
I see a well connected lad who owned a major construction company in Moscow has just moved into his own office in the Liver building

Arsenal could have a team containing Pele, Eusebio, Ronaldo and Messi all in their pomp turning out for them and the Emirates would still be a horrendous , dreary corporate mess of a stadium believe me.
It stands as the perfect example of what not to do when constructing football stadia.

It's not that bad, same characteristics as new white hart lane.

A girl I worked with parked her car outside work. Someone crashed into it. A quick shuftie at the cctv showed someone who 'may or may not be' Steve Rotherham got out the car, saw the damage, then dived back in his car and drove off. Kopite

If it was on CCTV they'd have been able to get his Registration and traced it back to him. He would then have been prosecuted for leaving the scene. It would then have gotten into the newspapers, this might have happened or the above story is BS.

If it was on CCTV they'd have been able to get his Registration and traced it back to him. He would then have been prosecuted for leaving the scene. It would then have gotten into the newspapers, this might have happened or the above story is BS.
Or maybe the girl tracked the guy down because he wasn't hard to find as a result of his work position. After trying to deny it, he was shown cctv and he paid up.

But maybe it is just BS...

It's not that bad, same characteristics as new white hart lane.
It’s not my cup of tea to be honest.
It serves the gentrification of football, the idea that you sit back in your ample seats ( made so for your ample overfed backside) and be ‘entertained’.
I like my football more visceral.
Still, different strokes and all that.