New Everton Stadium Discussion

Generally there is a scale as to the profit levels within large builds. On the supply side the end contractors are operating at higher GP percentages. For example on a (cost) £100k project at subcontractor level the GP percentage will be around 20% hence a total of £125k. (GP differs to mark up as you probably know). Main contractors will not be able to mark up the job by a further 20% as they will not get the contract, it will not be competitive. At tendering stage the project is sent out to around 15-20 large M&E main contractors, and the estimator/QS/project people role is to gather 3-4 quotes per part of the specification they're given. All in all the total in this example will be £4m worth of project at cost, at 5% Gross Profit this will total around £4,210,500.

These main contractors will take £210,500.00 for the sake of organising and running a job. Anything out of specification or changes that can be made will be charged extra to the client. The Main Contractors also hold a retention on jobs for 12 months or so, lets call it the defect period. Having another 3-5% in the bank gathering interest is also another income stream.
Without going into detail is the thing that came across your desk anything to do with the price of materials when we leave the E.U and maybe only to be compounded by us leaving under no deal?

Without going into detail is the thing that came across your desk anything to do with the price of materials when we leave the E.U and maybe only to be compounded by us leaving under no deal?

Fortunately no. The more this Brexit Saga goes on the more likely a softer Brexit will take place.

It's an interesting development at BMD, I think Everton are doing the right thing to shut up until all factors are taken into consideration. Any stadium that is built on a dock leading to an ocean, made of various metals and designed to last 80-100 years really ought to have full consideration of fatigue/external elements over time. To clarify, this didn't come across my desk, just my view on construction on Seafronts essentially.

Yes I'm also in the industry and confirm profit margins on main contractors is minimal, the companies that are employed to install and commission items on site (for example IT infrastructure, Lighting, Drainage, HVAC etc can operate at gross profit margins between 10-25%.

Anyway, I was at the game on Sunday sitting with the Spurs fans. Lovely stadium aesthetically but it really shocked me at the flat atmosphere. The noise came in waves and I must take my hat off to the fellow blues in the corner I think they made the most noise throughout the match, the Spurs fans around me only knew when city scored when random cheers came from the away section.

I was in the coach and horses before the match mixing in with a few die hard THFC lads, there was an underlying feeling that this match was a dead rubber hence the flat atmosphere, maybe on a CL league night the stadium will transform? Lovely to look at though:

View attachment 58526

View attachment 58528

To keep the story short, something came across my desk today which may or may not be related to this discussion, Everton have got to post something very soon.
Err, tease. Can't leave it at that!
Edit: Please don't be related to Brexit or the RS are gonna expand or something.

Fortunately no. The more this Brexit Saga goes on the more likely a softer Brexit will take place.

It's an interesting development at BMD, I think Everton are doing the right thing to shut up until all factors are taken into consideration. Any stadium that is built on a dock leading to an ocean, made of various metals and designed to last 80-100 years really ought to have full consideration of fatigue/external elements over time. To clarify, this didn't come across my desk, just my view on construction on Seafronts essentially.
So why do you think the club " have got to post something soon " ?

The next part of consultation is end of July.

Generally there is a scale as to the profit levels within large builds. On the supply side the end contractors are operating at higher GP percentages. For example on a (cost) £100k project at subcontractor level the GP percentage will be around 20% hence a total of £125k. (GP differs to mark up as you probably know). Main contractors will not be able to mark up the job by a further 20% as they will not get the contract, it will not be competitive. At tendering stage the project is sent out to around 15-20 large M&E main contractors, and the estimator/QS/project people role is to gather 3-4 quotes per part of the specification they're given. All in all the total in this example will be £4m worth of project at cost, at 5% Gross Profit this will total around £4,210,500.

These main contractors will take £210,500.00 for the sake of organising and running a job. Anything out of specification or changes that can be made will be charged extra to the client. The Main Contractors also hold a retention on jobs for 12 months or so, lets call it the defect period. Having another 3-5% in the bank gathering interest is also another income stream.

This collection of interest on large sums to 'bump' up profit margins was also what led to the practice of 90 day payment terms, leading a number of smaller companies,with lower working capital, to collapse.

Probably only Levy knows. We spent around £100m on getting everything ready over the past decade, we also know the club has a £627m loan facility.

They're doing a stand by stand expansion of Molineux, not a new build. That's the long term vision for the completed project. Should top out at c50k from what I've read

was the fire included in the costings lol

Main contractors expect significantly lower profit margins on the continent than they do in the U.K. All comparable construction projects are therefore less expensive there than here.
This is generally true across the entire industrial sector.
AYE foreign contractors want to make a living
British and Irish contractors want to make a killing

All very quiet on the stadium front
What do you expect?
They have announced the dates of the 2nd public consultation which will for the first time officially show what is proposed.
This is an essential exersize that forms part of the planning application.
Their is absolutely nothing to announce until that consultation is over.

Just read that Atletico's stadium cost € 240 million!!!!

Just looking at it and it's looks a far better stadium than the billion pound albatross Spurs have.

It's a no from me. Most Evertonians have asked for an arena as close to the action as possible, the Wanda is designed so that a running track can cover the lower tier thus compromising the upper tiers.

I think it's very good but it's not Everton.

346cfc4cda7a853e9a165b7df6f7b442_XL.jpg