New Everton Stadium Discussion

I don't think you are being realistic mate, and I think that the developers of the new flats would have something to say about Everton duplicating services that are all ready available in Kensington in the middle of their upmarket housing development.
I’ve been to SAN Diego numerous times
Due to its weather it has a huge homeless problem
One of the the biggest soup kitchens is on the Gasllamp quarter close to some rather posh boutique hotels and big money Apartment complexes
Never seen s problem with it and neither do the locals I’ve talked to

Why would anyone want a homeless shelter on site at a new stadium, in the midst of a £5bn development? There are numerous homeless shelters throughout the city. Not everywhere has to have one.

The whole area is trying to become something completely different. It has the Titanic Hotel, as one of, if not the, city’s top hotel, then the rest of Liverpool Waters.

The selling point of this development is how luxurious it is going to be. The top of the range flats, business space, retail, leisure and stadium.

I wouldn’t like having forked our £200k for a flat and then have loads of homeless people there everyday.

Like it or not, drug and alcohol use is rife in the homeless community, which inevitably leads to crime.

Help can be given, and is given, by having outreach programs. Pointing the most vulnerable to services that can help them.

Perhaps give them jobs at the new stadium?

Dave it will be built
Too many rich people have too much to lose if it doesn’t
Been hearing this stuff since Peter Johnson had Kirkby golf course stadium "in the bag".

Quite frankly, in comparison to the BMD mirage, we were within touching distance of The Kings Dock stadium and Kirkby Stadium.

I’ve been to SAN Diego numerous times
Due to its weather it has a huge homeless problem
One of the the biggest soup kitchens is on the Gasllamp quarter close to some rather posh boutique hotels and big money Apartment complexes
Never seen s problem with it and neither do the locals I’ve talked to

That's San Diego in California, yes? Where the local authority has a major public health issue with homeless people shitting on their streets?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....rancisco-poop-problem-inequality-homelessness

I'm sorry, but it's just not a good idea, and it's not even remotely controversial to recognise that it isn't a good idea.

Been hearing this stuff since Peter Johnson had Kirkby golf course stadium "in the bag".

Quite frankly, in comparison to the BMD mirage, we were within touching distance of The Kings Dock stadium and Kirkby Stadium.
Dave I’m 58 and I’ve seen all the proposed moves fall through
We are dealing with a different kettle of fish this time and for the first time in my life I’m convinced we will move to a new stadium
Not only that my late fathers mate and his sons all born and bred in L4 are convinced too
It will happen believe me

That's San Diego in California, yes? Where the local authority has a major public health issue with homeless people shitting on their streets?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....rancisco-poop-problem-inequality-homelessness

I'm sorry, but it's just not a good idea, and it's not remotely controversial to acknowledge that it isn't a good idea.
The homeless don’t cause problems in SAN Diego because they know they have it good and play by the rules
I’m sure I could find loads of articles to back my claims up but I will rely on my personal experience

The homeless don’t cause problems in SAN Diego because they know they have it good and play by the rules
I’m sure I could find loads of articles to back my claims up but I will rely on my personal experience

Did you read the link? California has a major public health problem due to homeless people shitting on their streets!

I don't believe that Liverpool has such a problem, but it does have a problem with discarded needles and anti-social behaviour from a small cohort of homeless people that refuse to make use of the help that is on offer to them.

To suggest that they don't cause significant problems is just naive.

Did you read the link? California has a major public health problem due to homeless people shitting on their streets!

I don't believe that Liverpool has such a problem, but it does have a problem with discarded needles and anti-social behaviour from a small cohort of homeless people that refuse to make use of the help that is on offer to them.

To suggest that they don't cause significant problems is just naive.
I’ve seen the problems the homeless cause in Liverpool
I come over 6/12 times a year
I’ve been there in the summer
But why move it out of the way
It’s there so deal with it mid the local Government won’t I’m thrilled the club I’ve supported for 51 years is trying to do something to help rather than concentrate its efforts on bringing Norwegians and Asian people over for a day out and an opportunity to put pics up on Facebook

I’ve seen the problems the homeless cause in Liverpool
I come over 6/12 times a year
I’ve been there in the summer
But why move it out of the way
It’s there so deal with it mid the local Government won’t I’m thrilled the club I’ve supported for 51 years is trying to do something to help rather than concentrate its efforts on bringing Norwegians and Asian people over for a day out and an opportunity to put pics up on Facebook

Nobody is trying to reduce or stop the homeless from accessing support mate, it just doesn't need to take place in an area that has ambitions to become upmarket.

You wouldn't be moving them out of the way either, you'd actually be moving them from the city centre and into an upmarket regeneration area. The idea might be noble but it is not in any way sensible.

Can someone please explain to this absolute WOOL what a "Metro Mayor" is please? Anderson is City Mayor, so is this Rotheram fella Mayor of a wider area? Is he in affect Anderson's superior?