New Everton Stadium Discussion

Also capacity still not confirmed for the people who lose their rag over made up numbers on a forum

"With regards to capacity, we are carrying out feasibility studies and have surveyed our fans. We are working with industry experts to assess what the optimum capacity should be and, so far, a final number has not been determined. It is important we get this right and there are a multitude of factors we need to take into consideration, such as planning, size, mass, the look and feel of a stadium set in Bramley-Moore Dock. It is a lot more complex than just picking a number that feels right".

Yeah, 2022 opening isn't happening, is it?

If even capacity isn't settled in their heads yet then literally nothing is aside from where we want to build it.

No wonder there has been no movement on funding, we currently can't even tell anyone how much we might need, what in practice they would be funding, how quickly we'll need the funds nor how long we intend to pay it off over. Everything hinges on capacity/design.

No chance we'll see a planning application this side of Christmas now.

Still, at least it's an update from the club rather than continued static noise.

Before West Ham moved to the London Stadium they had 24,000 season ticket holders and they rarely filled Upton Park. Now they have 53,000 season ticket holders.

People are much more willing to buy a ticket if the stadium has great facilities and no obstructed views.

Getting their new stadium almost free and being able to offer tickets significantly cheaper than they were at the old dump might also have something to do with that.

Moving to a new stadium invariably increases a club's average attendance dramatically.

Before West Ham moved to the London Stadium they had 24,000 season ticket holders and they rarely filled Upton Park. Now they have 53,000 season ticket holders.

People are much more willing to buy a ticket if the stadium has great facilities and no obstructed views.

West Ham sold a lot of season tickets because they where dirt cheap (£200) for any London club, so they had a mass amount of neutrals (Londoners generally support Man Utd or Liverpool) buying them, just so they can cherry pick which games they can go to.

This is why the BBC did an article on registered attendances - West Ham and City are saying they've got close to a full house, when they're not counting bums on seats, just tickets sold.

I'd rather we have a full stadium as opposed to people not turning up.

Moving to a new stadium invariably increases a club's average attendance dramatically.

West ham is completely different, they had a waiting list of over 50,000 fans, also had adult season tickets lower then £300 in London which is ridiculous.
We have a waiting list of 7,000 although many of these get matchday tickets through StubHub and Everton membership.

West ham got a free stadium, had a huge waiting list and slashed the prices on tickets which is why the attendances are so high. Completly different scenario to here

There are at least 20,000 extra fans from the Wirral, who have been patiently waiting for the facilities to reach an acceptable level. Build it, and they will come.
BS.

You up can go on StubHub right now and get tickets to most everton games, you can get tickets easily through the club for cup games.

Bottom line if fans want to go they go and I doubt there are 20,000 Fans waiting for a luxury stadium to be built before they come. Most of the fans I see there are working class people who have to budget spending on a season ticket

50,000 is the right figure given our waiting list and demand for tickets.
The problem is your not going to spend 500m for 10,000 extra seats and you can't just say "20,000 fans will come".

50,000 is the right figure given our waiting list and demand for tickets.
The problem is your not going to spend 500m for 10,000 extra seats and you can't just say "20,000 fans will come".

50K would be conservative in my opinion. We would sell that out from the off with no room for growth.

We sell out 40K at Goodison Park, a stadium which has loads of really poor views and stands with poor facilities. I think we could sell a couple of thousand more as well if Goodison was a bit bigger.

A modern stadium at Bramley Moore would see an uplift beyond any latent demand Goodison has.

I think 55K would be acceptable to most of us, even though lots want more.

It was Karren Brady who said they had a 50k waiting list wasn't it? lol I'm not sure even West Ham fans believe that one. And it's from the same woman who said when they bid for the Olympic Stadium that "the seating distances compare more than favourably with the top stadia around the world including Wembley and the recently build Emirates Stadium". lol

They've sold a relatively high number of season tickets, true, but many are also dead cheap. And it's been obvious for ages their announced attendances are nothing like the number of people actually in the stadium. The BBC's FOI request show this. Average attendance is 43k (see chart)...

All that said West Ham's situation shouldn't be used as a comparison - it's meaningless, it bears no comparison to what you're trying to do. I still think capacity at your new place should be maximised, even if that's tough to do on a tight site like BMD.

Dm4yZ1oX0AEKkLx.jpg:small

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45158878

Was it an enjoyable meal Eggs?

...it was fine, Matey. I love the lobby bar in there and the assortment of dark rums. The Guinness was decent as well. Very cosy for a hotel. Obviously, in the midst of setting up my daughters wedding so we looked at the bedrooms and they are fabulous. Staff very friendly but they won’t reveal which Everton players are currently living there.