New Everton Stadium Discussion

Not according to Companies House he hasnt

As was pointed out at the time of Moshiri bought into the club, some shares are missing ie nobody knows who they belong to and we haven't done so for way back in the club's history. Moshiri has the ability to win a vote of shareholders because of this. As such he is majority shareholder in all but name.

I may be misunderstanding this, but what difference does it make that the money is for a football stadium? I thought the council were using a central government fund that was specifically for local governments to use to promote investment and infrastructure. By allowing the deal, the council makes 7 million a year over several years, which it can then use as it sees fit. Unless the council can get a better return on the money they lend, it shouldn't make a difference that it is being used for a football stadium.

1) how long will it take them to recoup all of the money
2) if there cutting the numbers of police and the army there not going to suddenly invest that sort of money into a stadium.
3) there no guarantee. How long moshiri will stick around for. His had his hand burnt once already through bad signings and paying tens of millions in compensation to managers
4) weighing up the pros.and cons.its a huge risk for the council.

2) if there cutting the numbers of police and the army there not going to suddenly invest that sort of money into a stadium.
3) there no guarantee. How long moshiri will stick around for. His had his hand burnt once already through bad signings and paying tens of millions in compensation to managers

Who is the 'they' in point 2?

Well, quite a few things make it difficult. If anything was to go wrong, LCC would be left paying off the loan. Even though its a small chance of relegation / liquidation its still a risk of tax payers money.

Presumably, the Council wouldn't agree to any deal with EFC without ensuring they are fully protected and that seems understandable to me. So all this 'risk' that repeatedly gets mentioned seems to me to be speculation by people who have no idea what the terms of the deal will be.

If Anderson/EFC can't ensure the protection for the Council in the event that things go badly for EFC, I very much doubt that a deal will be agreed.

Things seem to be moving slowly at the moment, but these Stadium projects often have complications and hurdles to overcome so I am not too concerned until I hear some negativity from EFC or Joe Anderson.

Can you explain how Warrington Council for example have managed to borrow £300m from the PWLB despite Police numbers having been cut then? According to this, the number of officers had decreased by 20K since 2010.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factc...ies-have-cut-20000-police-officers-since-2010

How have Warrington, a Town with a population of around 200K managed to obtain this money, yet you think that one of the major cities in England won't be able to?

Can you explain how Warrington Council for example have managed to borrow £300m from the PWLB despite Police numbers having been cut then? According to this, the number of officers had decreased by 20K since 2010.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factc...ies-have-cut-20000-police-officers-since-2010

How have Warrington, a Town with a population of around 200K managed to obtain this money, yet you think that one of the major cities in England won't be able to?

The handy thing to know would be what the loans are for.

Warrington have 46 outstanding loans from the PWLB, to a total of 463m. Their largest loan has a year end value of £67.2m, of which the final payment is due in 2056.

Liverpool has £290m in outstanding PWLB loans, over 24 separate loan agreements. Largest of which is a year end value of 38m with final payment in Sept 2057.

As a way of comparison, Nothampton Borough Council has £240m in oustanding PWLB loans, largest of which will have a value of £210m at the years end with a final payment date of 2062.

Birmingham, admittedly bigger than Liverpool has £2.25bn outstanding over 100 loans.

Not even worth looking at the London boroughs.

Good reply Chris.
I hope you're right that Momentum aren't worth worrying about. I sense that they may use the stadium issue to gather the usual rabble-rousing support to push for what they see as power.
Kemp, I repeat, is a nonentity. He could gather his supporters on the council in the back of a black cab and still have seats to spare.
I am also well aware of the issues with LDL/BT but these are not part of the stadium discussion.
One question - why are you so against a senior politician who is trying to make the new stadium happen?

I’m against Joe Anderson because you can’t trust a word that comes out of his mouth, and he’s all for himself and nothing else. He has no support amongst his own party and is a paranoid mess acting a mini dictator in this city.

The problem with Anderson is he speaks without any knowledge. On one hand he’s negotiating a stadium with Kenwright and Moshiri and then goes to the Echo saying he doesn’t believe they’re running the club correct and wishes he could take over.

That’s separate to what’s he’s “let go” in the council, protecting his friends because what they may or may not have on him. If he would have got the MP position he wouldn’t have given a rats arse about the stadium because it’s all about the Joe show

You seem to be misunderstanding where this money is coming from. It can't be used for other services as it isn't money they have in their budget. There should be more money for public services by using the fund as they gain interest on what they lend to the club.

Of course there's no guarantees - there never are with investments. The council have to weigh up the potential risk v potential reward, as they would with any deal of this type.

As I said previously, if they can get better returns elsewhere then fair enough. If they can get similar returns with less risk, then fair enough but saying they shouldn't do it because they can't put enough police on the streets is total nonsense. If the deal is done, there'd be more money for policing if that's how the council chose to spend it.

Some of this will depend on if/when the vote takes place

Whilst momentum now control the CLPs, they still haven't got many actual counsellors. Can't just get rid mid-term like that. It will be a process taking several years as counsellors are elected for 3 years at a time and they don't all change over the same year.

Liverpool Water have announced their plan for the future in May and still no further news.

PSX_20180705_152825.jpg