New Everton Stadium Discussion

Joes a dead duck in the council, it’s not just momentum that are after him, he’s losing support from labour and people like Kemp are piling them pressure up

He’s living on a shoestring for appallingly bad behaviour over the hiding of ongoing corruption with in our city. Now the wall of senior officers in the council has collapsed fat joe is like a paranoid ex con awaiting the bullet

Kemp haha good one.

The problem momentum have is that they're following the wrong man, Knights has already demonstrated in multiple blogs that he just doesn't understand the deal.

Deal is basically simple.

Council lend money from funds they already have in reserve but are not allowed to use. we pay them interest which they can spend, plus restoring the capital. Good deal for both sides. Cheaper for us, good return for them, what's difficult?

The momentum people opposing it are not councillors. And it's councillors who'll have the vote ultimately.My source very confident this is a non issue.
Councillors are being deselected and replaced by Momentum supporters all over the city so they are in the majority now. Anyway they have expressed concern I think rather than totally against it as you would expect, its a vast deal for the council and needs to be transparent to all.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/corbyn-supporters-seize-control-four-14867158

The loan was never going to happen. The government is cutting down wherever it can, they were never going to sanction giving 280m away for a football stadium.

40K is what will be built. There isn't a need for 50K and above, the fanbase just isn't there no matter what way it is spun.
What needs to absolutely happen is a top, top class stadium that has everything a modern arena should have. Safe standing should be factored into the design.

Paying for it will be the issue... Moshiri is a crook, and big Joe's bid to get it on welfare isn't going to go down well with taxpayers all across the city. :rant:
Take a tablet lad, I sense your meltdown is surfacing.
How long before you explode into violence

The loan was never going to happen. The government is cutting down wherever it can, they were never going to sanction giving 280m away for a football stadium.

I may be misunderstanding this, but what difference does it make that the money is for a football stadium? I thought the council were using a central government fund that was specifically for local governments to use to promote investment and infrastructure. By allowing the deal, the council makes 7 million a year over several years, which it can then use as it sees fit. Unless the council can get a better return on the money they lend, it shouldn't make a difference that it is being used for a football stadium.

Oh Stanley how little you know, Kemp is in bed with some other non-liberal councillors because joe has alienated quite a lot of people. Don’t think that party ties are maintained, because they ain’t.

Don’t care about momentum at all, so NEA

Finally, I don’t work for the echo but I’m well aware of the raft of senior figures that have miraculously left LCC since good old bent Dave got nabbed. These are ones that have gone before and after the Hallard letters.

Are people actually aware of the LDL setup rather than what they read in the rags?? The detailed contract that BT drafted whereby the council spent hundreds of thousands on barristers trying get free of it?? The overpayment of goods that lined the pockets of directors of LDL, sane directors who held senior positions at LCC at the same time?? Which person refused to challenge it when he came into power, which person then got into bed with them.

I’m know stuff that has gone one which i wouldn’t dare to mention on a public forum.
Good reply Chris.
I hope you're right that Momentum aren't worth worrying about. I sense that they may use the stadium issue to gather the usual rabble-rousing support to push for what they see as power.
Kemp, I repeat, is a nonentity. He could gather his supporters on the council in the back of a black cab and still have seats to spare.
I am also well aware of the issues with LDL/BT but these are not part of the stadium discussion.
One question - why are you so against a senior politician who is trying to make the new stadium happen?

I may be misunderstanding this, but what difference does it make that the money is for a football stadium? I thought the council were using a central government fund that was specifically for local governments to use to promote investment and infrastructure. By allowing the deal, the council makes 7 million a year over several years, which it can then use as it sees fit. Unless the council can get a better return on the money they lend, it shouldn't make a difference that it is being used for a football stadium.
Theoretically yes...but its money, people, politics, people, football and people...and, as is said - 'theres nowt so queer as folk'

When even some of our own supporters are firing pot-shots at the plan, I see this is another "All politicians are crooked, so let's have a go at them" moment.
For other examples of how productive this can be, check the referendum vote.

Deal is basically simple.

Council lend money from funds they already have in reserve but are not allowed to use. we pay them interest which they can spend, plus restoring the capital. Good deal for both sides. Cheaper for us, good return for them, what's difficult?

Well, quite a few things make it difficult. If anything was to go wrong, LCC would be left paying off the loan. Even though its a small chance of relegation / liquidation its still a risk of tax payers money.

Also, Football these days is a multi billion pound industry and our majority shareholder is a billionaire, some people in the city might question " Why does LCC have to take the risk? "

Joe Anderson is an Evertonian, some people will question his intentions due to this. He is also losing grip of control in the city.

The big issue is the further funding required. No bank will give us that funding due to the nature of the deal with LCC. If We could not pay the loan via LCC they would take control of the stadium and land. The poor banks would have nothing as security as LCC have it.

How is the general census with the stadium?

The old term - No News, Is Good News does really work with us Blues.

Sadly our club and support don't really have an open communication line like many other clubs plus our local media are horrific in term of Everton.

Personally I was convinced that it would go ahead but after Meis' PowerPoint and the club line of "you'll be hearing more soon", everything just feels a bit off.

Council deal is very 50/50 in my eyes which I feel has lead to a delay plus no word on the new Stadium Development Director from the middle of June but now I fear this could be another White Elephant (insert Chang joke here).

Well, quite a few things make it difficult. If anything was to go wrong, LCC would be left paying off the loan. Even though its a small chance of relegation / liquidation its still a risk of tax payers money.

Also, Football these days is a multi billion pound industry and our majority shareholder is a billionaire, some people in the city might question " Why does LCC have to take the risk? "

Joe Anderson is an Evertonian, some people will question his intentions due to this. He is also losing grip of control in the city.

The big issue is the further funding required. No bank will give us that funding due to the nature of the deal with LCC. If We could not pay the loan via LCC they would take control of the stadium and land. The poor banks would have nothing as security as LCC have it.
Major*