New Shirt Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proudly brewed since 1878

Attachments

• 6DCD9D7E-E28A-46B2-867C-21F5A438B573.jpeg
    6DCD9D7E-E28A-46B2-867C-21F5A438B573.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 50
Can’t see it being Huawei, as they are under sanction themselves, in that their infrastructure is banned from UK 5G networks.
Yeh I've got a Huawei payg phone ,had it 5 years and it's been brilliant but it's incompatible with many apps And the 5G thing means I'll need to change it sooner or later. .

Who ever gives us the most money...

Couldn't care who it is and what they do.

And for all the moral high ground types on here waffling on about who we should or shouldn't have as a sponsor remember you're walking round with a pair of shoes on made in a sweat shop in Nanjing province by a 1 armed, 1 eyed, 8 years old child.
To be fair I pay extra because I don't want a 1 armed, 1 eyed, 8 years old child making my shoes. What you want is one who is only missing a few fingers- still nimble but also learned caution.

Can’t see it being Huawei, as they are under sanction themselves, in that their infrastructure is banned from UK 5G networks.

I dont think that has any impact on sponsoring us. remembering that sponsors we had in the past like Keijan and Chang did so because of their potential customers in Asia and nothing to do with the UK market. Also you can still buy Huawei hardware, such as phones in the UK, its just the cell site stuff that was taken out, because the Americans believe that Huawei sell data to the Chinese government.

I dont think that has any impact on sponsoring us. remembering that sponsors we had in the past like Keijan and Chang did so because of their potential customers in Asia and nothing to do with the UK market. Also you can still buy Huawei hardware, such as phones in the UK, its just the cell site stuff that was taken out, because the Americans believe that Huawei sell data to the Chinese government.

In my opinion, US banned Huawei because they want the data instead of Chine, that's the only thing. Not that data is taken, just where it eds up. Cisco have been doing it for ages.

Barcelona used to be sponsored by Unicef and pay them for the privilege. So given its long standing association with this particular fanbase i reckon we should do the same with the Lisbon.

Is Hafnia or NEC still around?
The original Hafnia that sponsored us folded in 1985 and their products bought by Tyson Foods. There is a company called "Hafnia Tankers" that trades under the name "Hafnia" it means Copenhagen in Latin, so I think it might be a common name for business in Copenhagen.

NEC are still going.

Status
Not open for further replies.