New keeper needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatara

Player Valuation: £90m
Howard is now 36 and no matter if you love him or hate him he's looking to be on his last legs.

We need a keeper to come in and Robles is not the answer. Yes he did well with 3 clean sheets last season but he's got the look of a calamity keeper to me.

We were linked with the scandinavian keeper in Jan and then also Marshall, neither of which I think would be exciting signings or take us to another level.

Keepers are usually inexpensive and Stoke got the keeper i wanted--Butland-- for just £3.5mil. He's still only 22 years old but has about 120 career games under his belt.

Sadly Stoke have a rich owner and dont need to sell so i'd imagine even £20mil would be rejected for him unless he requested a move.

This position for me is absolutely crucial, we seem to have the defence sorted long term now and need to bring in a keeper for the long term to compliment the team and also build an understanding with the defence. They say keepers win trophies.

Other than Butland and Hart which English keepers are there who could add points on the board for us + any foreign keepers we should be looking at?

We always seem to have quality keepers at Everton, Martinez has to continue to the tradition. I still rate Howard, but as you say, he's getting on now, time to start the process of bringing in the next Nev.

Howard is now 36 and no matter if you love him or hate him he's looking to be on his last legs.

We need a keeper to come in and Robles is not the answer. Yes he did well with 3 clean sheets last season but he's got the look of a calamity keeper to me.

We were linked with the scandinavian keeper in Jan and then also Marshall, neither of which I think would be exciting signings or take us to another level.

Keepers are usually inexpensive and Stoke got the keeper i wanted--Butland-- for just £3.5mil. He's still only 22 years old but has about 120 career games under his belt.

Sadly Stoke have a rich owner and dont need to sell so i'd imagine even £20mil would be rejected for him unless he requested a move.

This position for me is absolutely crucial, we seem to have the defence sorted long term now and need to bring in a keeper for the long term to compliment the team and also build an understanding with the defence. They say keepers win trophies.

Other than Butland and Hart which English keepers are there who could add points on the board for us + any foreign keepers we should be looking at?

I don't disagree with any of that mate but, as @Whitty says there's a recent thread at https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/position-most-in-need-of-a-new-signing.79723/ where it's probably more appropriate to discuss replacing Howard ?

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.