New Everton Stadium Discussion

People come the city of Liverpool because of what it has to offer visitors of every type. To see the architecture, Albert Dock, shops, weekend on the lash. It’s a great mix of attractions and losing a label isn’t really going to the stop the flow of tourists coming here. I’d rather the city had the status because it’s worth having but I feel the negative impact is likely to be overstated by UNESCO.

Is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's a poor manager? With Cardiff he was poor, and now at Man Utd he has money to spend to buy quality players he looks a better manager (and Man Utd finished 2nd last season).

Rafael will money to buy better quality players, will make us much better.

Unsure of the financial assistance Liverpool receives from World Heritage status but guess there is some as it's hitting the headlines as it may loose it's status. So could have a wider impact.
We don't get a penny off them, we just get to say we are one to impress nonces in the town hall. They on the other hand interfere in everything telling us what we can and can't do. Bin them off.

You'll get more tourists from building things WHS say you can't than you'll lose for not having WHS.

How many people will this ground bring into the city? Added to the enabling development in the acres of derelict land around it.
You think people will visit the city just to walk all the way up and see our new ground? This stadium won't increase tourism to the city one bit, why would it? Neither will UNESCO thinking they have some sort of right to judge one of the most famous waterfronts on the planet impact it.

You think people will visit the city just to walk all the way up and see our new ground? This stadium won't increase tourism to the city one bit, why would it? Neither will UNESCO thinking they have some sort of right to judge one of the most famous waterfronts on the planet impact it.

It won't just be used on matchdays though will it? It's not Goodison. Huge concerts and events will be held there for one thing, so it will bring a lot of visitors and help with enabling development on the docks.

Jobs and prosperity > some phony WHS that every NIMBY in the city hides behind to stop anything get built.

It won't just be used on matchdays though will it? It's not Goodison. Huge concerts and events will be held there for one thing, so it will bring a lot of visitors and help with enabling development on the docks.

Jobs and prosperity > some phony WHS that every NIMBY in the city hides behind to stop anything get built.

What design feature makes BMD the automatic choice over the larger Anfield for concerts etc, how will these be additional tourists to now, as LFC have already got into that market? If the stadium had a full or closing roof and or moving pitch i would see that argument.

What enabling developments are there going to be because of BMD? I don't think I've seen any enabling developments specific to the stadium project and certainly none contributing to its cost. Apart from a small hotel development which i think was coming anyway, I may have missed them. Yes, it could act as a prompt for quicker developments of a certain type, not definitively an enabler..... but thus far that hasn't even stretched to new infrastructure by way of a new station at Vauxhall. It could be a driver for the Lime Line trackless tram proposals... running directly from Sandhills to link all developments along the waterfront and town.