New Everton Stadium Discussion

Fun read. lol

OK, I'll say this as a Spurs fan. The Emirates isn't the best stadium in the world, there are things they definitely could've done better (some of which were beyond the club's control to be fair), but my God it gets a worse rap than it deserves. It's not the cause of their problems, and it's not like the library was famous for atmosphere before it. There's so much strawmanning going on here. If a stadium isn't an instant magic fix for everything (who said it was going to be?!) then it's not worth doing apparently. And there seems to be this romanticised view about what Arse**l would be now if they'd stayed put, as if the invincible team would've carried on forever. IMO they'd be playing in the library, with moaning fans, and Cheslea and City cleaning up. And they'd all be calling for a new stadium to close the gap.

So...new stadium which definitely helps close the gap, gets 14,000 more fans each game, amazing new location vs some romanticised timeline where everything suddenly improves at Goodison. Sorry, but it's a no brainer if the club can pull it off.

Fun read. lol

OK, I'll say this as a Spurs fan. The Emirates isn't the best stadium in the world, there are things they definitely could've done better (some of which were beyond the club's control to be fair), but my God it gets a worse rap than it deserves. It's not the cause of their problems, and it's not like the library was famous for atmosphere before it. There's so much strawmanning going on here. If a stadium isn't an instant magic fix for everything (who said it was going to be?!) then it's not worth doing apparently. And there seems to be this romanticised view about what Arse**l would be now if they'd stayed put, as if the invincible team would've carried on forever. IMO they'd be playing in the library, with moaning fans, and Cheslea and City cleaning up. And they'd all be calling for a new stadium to close the gap.

So...new stadium which definitely helps close the gap, gets 14,000 more fans each game, amazing new location vs some romanticised timeline where everything suddenly improves at Goodison. Sorry, but it's a no brainer if the club can pull it off.

Correct it is a no brainer, but that's the trouble on here pal, some posters just have no brains. lol

Fun read. lol

14'000 more fans a game isn't going to close a gap financially.

Matchday revenue is the smallest revenue stream, and only accounts for 20-30% of a turnover, clubs have still spent money the last 12 months without that revenue stream.

14'000 more fans a game isn't going to close a gap financially.

Matchday revenue is the smallest revenue stream, and only accounts for 20-30% of a turnover, clubs have still spent money the last 12 months without that revenue stream.

No, but it will help, also it means Everton can make money off other revenue streams during the close season, like concerts, other sporting events, they will also get better deals off sponsors, who will want to see their name over a magnificent stadium on the waterfront.

No, but it will help, also it means Everton can make money off other revenue streams during the close season, like concerts, other sporting events, they will also get better deals off sponsors, who will want to see their name over a magnificent stadium on the waterfront.
We need luck getting a stadium sponsor.

Barcelona, Real, and Spurs have struggled getting naming rights the last 5 years.

Even having naming rights, increased matchday revenue and concerts is going to add what, 60-70 million a year, we would still be short of hitting £300 million turnover, when the likes of the "big six" are in the £450-£650 million range right now, by the time BMD is built that figure from those club's turnovers will be £550-£750 million.

We got £30m just for first option on naming rights, not even for the rights themselves.

I think it's sorted lol
That was a cash injection to cover an immediate loss that we needed to deal with quickly, clever accounting form Moshiri.

But like i said previously it's not enough to catch up, USM would need to give us a £100 million a year naming right deal for us even to attempt to have massive growth to the "ESL 6", our turnover was £190 million in the last results, that is over £200 million behind Arsenal (no CL football) who have the smallest turnover of the "ESL 6".

Have you ever been to goodison fam?? Do you know the road layout, the school, the church and the hundred of houses that surround the ground in very close proximity.

This ain’t murica, we ain’t smashing people homes down to redevelop a stadium.

Please, for the love of god, stop chatting utter bubbles on stuff you haven’t got a clue about it
He’s a complete helmet imo, but I didn’t realise he’s never even been the game. Jesus wept.

His second solution was to replace wooden seats with plastics ones because, ya’know, that redevelops a stadium

a whole new level of wham
Which parts of Goodison actually still have wooden seats? I sat in the Main Stand once, and the Upper Gwladys once and honestly can’t remember, but every other time I’ve been in the LG and its just the plastic ones like every other ground.

We need luck getting a stadium sponsor.

Barcelona, Real, and Spurs have struggled getting naming rights the last 5 years.

Even having naming rights, increased matchday revenue and concerts is going to add what, 60-70 million a year, we would still be short of hitting £300 million turnover, when the likes of the "big six" are in the £450-£650 million range right now, by the time BMD is built that figure from those club's turnovers will be £550-£750 million.

USM to the tune of £250m apparently been a done deal for a while, they even paid us 30m to be at the head of a none existant queue.