New Everton Stadium Discussion

This is a remarkable day in the history of Everton football club.

We have had many false promises and many false dawns. As iconic as Goodison was it was not fit for purpose in the modern era where the ability to earn cash is king.

A couple of years ago while in Liverpool for a weekend taking in a game my wife wanted to take one of the open top bus tours around Liverpool. The one she chose( she has no interest in sport) included Anfield, I asked if it included Goodison was told no. Obviously I refused to go on that tour and went on one that didn't visit either in the end.

Our new stadium will have no such problems , it will be one of the landmark buildings in the city and as that area of the city continues to be developed it will pull the new stadium even closer to the city centre.. or so it will appear.

Mr Moshiri now has the incentive to continue to develop the club, on and off the pich, as there is now a clear path for him to increase his wealth as owner of the club by developing a successful team to move into the new ground.

Any new young signings this summer will hopefully still be around when we do move as well as the best of the young talent already here.

Anyone have the timeline for the build? They put it out a year or so ago with like 6 months to fill in dock, etc.

031F2F59-D0BB-4346-95C3-2BE1DEB4B2B2.jpeg