New Everton Stadium Discussion

Loads have in the past but yeah none recently to my knowledge. Just walked the dog an hour ago on what was George's Dock. No idea what it looked like before but I'm pretty certain it looks better now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Liverpool_Docks

I think the heritage groups are just doing their job. I doubt they think they can halt progress, they may not even want to in this instance, but they have to be seen to be doing their job. I don't think it will de-rail progress, LOR will be surprised if they aren't on-site before 2021.

I can understand that but have they ever visited the dock to see what can be done to preserve the heritage and add to that what heritage is there over a collection of derelict docks filled with dirty water.

Without pulling up every quote, I'm sure you have stated on many occasions that the stadium would never be built. As for testing the resolve of the financial & building partners, this was always a possibility, in fact it was a certainty that the people who moan about builds like this such as UNESCO & Heritage England were always going to moan. They were hardly going to sit there & say nowt. If you're a lender or builder then you're smart enough to know this. It's not testing resolve at all in my book. It's a huge project that is good for the club, good for the lender & good for the builder even after a few obstacles. I simply don't see it going to the SoS as it would be a waste of everyones time. No other significant alterations will get made to the design either so it's either this ground or nothing & too many people need this to happen including the government who will milk it.

Add, it is good for the city.

Without pulling up every quote, I'm sure you have stated on many occasions that the stadium would never be built. As for testing the resolve of the financial & building partners, this was always a possibility, in fact it was a certainty that the people who moan about builds like this such as UNESCO & Heritage England were always going to moan. They were hardly going to sit there & say nowt. If you're a lender or builder then you're smart enough to know this. It's not testing resolve at all in my book. It's a huge project that is good for the club, good for the lender & good for the builder even after a few obstacles. I simply don't see it going to the SoS as it would be a waste of everyones time. No other significant alterations will get made to the design either so it's either this ground or nothing & too many people need this to happen including the government who will milk it.

Definitely good for builders obviously, but what I am struggling to understand here is the idea of commercial lending for a stadium during a pandemic.

I am absolutely not the expert & would appreciate someone who is explaining it, but surely no commercial investment (lending) goes ahead for a sports stadium, without a clear roadmap to when, how and if fans will fully return.

Definitely good for builders obviously, but what I am struggling to understand here is the idea of commercial lending for a stadium during a pandemic.

I am absolutely not the expert & would appreciate someone who is explaining it, but surely no commercial investment (lending) goes ahead for a sports stadium, without a clear roadmap to when, how and if fans will fully return.
It’s not going to start construction til next year at the earliest, and won’t be built until 2 years later, which are both far enough down the toad that the return of fans will have happened or else the world is absolutely damned.

Real estate transactions are going on now without concern (they stopped sharply last October because of Brexit concerns but have been going on well during this pandemic by and large) and new development funding and planning is going on well too.

There should be no less likelihood of lending for this stadium because of covid that there was already without it.

I understand your concerns, but the key is that the loans, if we do indeed borrow, are long term deals usually. Same as a mortgage, so if EFC default, the bank(s) will take ownership of the ground.

It also how banks make money.

Lob in the potential guarantors, (like your parents guaranteeing your mortgage), and as long as the parents/guarantors are stable, then the risk of non repayment is reduced.

And if Covid is still around in 5 years time, and no fans are allowed in the ground, and Sky/BT go pop as a result, well, footie will be knackered anyrate.

I understand your concerns, but the key is that the loans, if we do indeed borrow, are long term deals usually. Same as a mortgage, so if EFC default, the bank(s) will take ownership of the ground.

It also how banks make money.

Lob in the potential guarantors, (like your parents guaranteeing your mortgage), and as long as the parents/guarantors are stable, then the risk of non repayment is reduced.

And if Covid is still around in 5 years time, and no fans are allowed in the ground, and Sky/BT go pop as a result, well, footie will be knackered anyrate.
Wow that last bit really cheered me up:(

What did you say in the email?
I tried to dispute their statement regarding Bramley Moore that's up on their website, specifically I found the quote " However, we consider that the proposal to infill the dock would result in substantial harm to the significance of the Grade II listed Bramley-Moore Dock and cause harm to the World Heritage Site" to be rather disingenuous for obvious reasons. I also tried to explain how given the current climate it's even more important for Liverpool as a city that a project of this size goes ahead.

I tried to dispute their statement regarding Bramley Moore that's up on their website, specifically I found the quote " However, we consider that the proposal to infill the dock would result in substantial harm to the significance of the Grade II listed Bramley-Moore Dock and cause harm to the World Heritage Site" to be rather disingenuous for obvious reasons. I also tried to explain how given the current climate it's even more important for Liverpool as a city that a project of this size goes ahead.

I'm just typing up my one, hopefully I have put my objections in a calm, considered, constructive and diplomatic manner:

Dear beeeep

What the beep do you know about beep, you can go beeep yourselves, you deluded bunch of self centered beeps. Beep, beep, beeping reenactment 5 year old beeps. Everyone can benefit from seeing the historic dock, including restored pump house and clock or you can vote to see it rot. See the difference? Of course not because you're a bunch of beeps.

Yours sincerely,