New Everton Stadium Discussion

Progress is tediously slow...but then most of the other big projects have been as well.

The club does not in any way seem to be pulling back or distancing itself from the project which is encouraging.

I may be completely wrong but I wonder if Usmanov leaving Arsenal coincides with Everton looking at different funding models. Usmanov may well in some way become the banker for the new project and that may be what he meant when he said he would help his friend Moshiri .
While at Arsenal Usmanov was very restricted in how he could provide funding but that problem is not now there... at present... apart from the political situation.

Progress is tediously slow...but then most of the other big projects have been as well.

The club does not in any way seem to be pulling back or distancing itself from the project which is encouraging.

I may be completely wrong but I wonder if Usmanov leaving Arsenal coincides with Everton looking at different funding models. Usmanov may well in some way become the banker for the new project and that may be what he meant when he said he would help his friend Moshiri .
While at Arsenal Usmanov was very restricted in how he could provide funding but that problem is not now there... at present... apart from the political situation.

Usmanov and Moshiri released a statement saying that the way Arsenal paid for the Emirates was wrong and that it could have been funded over a longer term so the money could be put into the team instead. On that basis I can't see them going back on that and paying it off upfront themselves, even if the club are paying them back.

The idea I expect is to put down the minimum that sets it the project off in motion then invest the several hundred million into the playing staff. Any future potential buyers won't care about the stadium debt as long as it is manageable and near enough pays for itself through naming rights/extra sponsorship and hospitality. If the team does well the share price should rocket and everybody will be happy.

We havent got the funding for it, thats why nothing is happening, so we can design and do everything else, just cant start anywork because no one knows where the money is coming from at the mo to pay for any of it
Bet you Moshiri knows where the money is coming from.
Do you think for one moment that Moshiri & his mate are the type of people that would undertake a scheme of this magnitude without having an inkling where the money comes from.
They are very very wealthy people and do not share their inner workings with anyone.
When the time is right and all the ducks are in a row or as @roydo puts it they are ready to join the dots. Anything other than that is just guesswork from impatient people thirsty for a bit of inside knowledge.
These are not of Kenwright & Woods's ilk they are very rich successful business people that dont do failure.
Sit back and wait for it to happen...& it will.

Harris moved this June from director to deputy chairman to take the lead on the stadium project.

Chong moved from Head of Estates to Stadium Development Director in August.

And you think Everton are going to publicly announce these positions on the website to maintain a facade weeks later ?

He’s a bad tit.

He's a divvy who likes the attention and fame.

I'm sure he's very successful in his field and that but in reality, he's the owner of a relatively small company that people were very surprised won the contract for BMD. The same could be said of Roma.

The irony of course BMD and Roma are the two grounds he's most famous for designing, neither of them are actually grounds yet. Just pie in the sky, maybe one day.

The whole Everton tatoo is an embarrassment, got a bit of attention on twitter, loads of blues called him a legend so he got a tattoo. How professional of a so called top architect. Madness all round.

Bet you Moshiri knows where the money is coming from.
Do you think for one moment that Moshiri & his mate are the type of people that would undertake a scheme of this magnitude without having an inkling where the money comes from.
They are very very wealthy people and do not share their inner workings with anyone.
When the time is right and all the ducks are in a row or as @roydo puts it they are ready to join the dots. Anything other than that is just guesswork from impatient people thirsty for a bit of inside knowledge.
These are not of Kenwright & Woods's ilk they are very rich successful business people that dont do failure.
Sit back and wait for it to happen...& it will.
I don't think he's saying there's no inkling of where the money is coming from - just that it's not in place as it stands. The club took the opportunity to move for the land - a sensible move given the plans for the area and the location. I could see how that could be done without financing in place for the build.

A lot of negativity on the thread born of the frustration and lack of communication that leave us all sceptical that Everton will get this done. However, I don't believe Moshiri bought into Everton just to stay at Goodison and carry on as is. He knew of the opportunity at BMD to develop the last remaining (historically) big club that was available at a decent price, reinvigorate the fan base, grow the brand, and make it competitive again. He said that himself after the appointment of the 'Hollywood' manager Koeman. All this by a man into his 60s with no need to risk his personal fortune and already at a successful club where he could just sit back and enjoy champagne, caviar and Champions League football if he wanted to with his even richer mate.

If we don't get the new stadium, Moshiri will know that he has to continue to personally fund the future transfer policy of EFC just to stay in the top 10. That I am sure was never the extent of his ambition or long-term plan. Last season's mistakes in the transfer window, shambolic displays and the subsequent desperate appointment of Allardyce demonstrated how important it is for EFC to remain in the PL during this process. Clubs are highly unlikely to secure funding on this scale against EFL Championship financial returns and a league that everybody knows is the most difficult to get out of (look at Leeds.)

I hope Usmanov arrives in some form or other but if he doesn't, Moshiri still has to deliver on his vision for Everton. In his parting statement at Arsenal, Usmanov said that they "...could have been the best club in the world." Suggests to me he has plans to make that happen somewhere - it may be at AC Milan or another club, but really some of the work and investment has already started at Everton with his mate.

If BMD was dead in the water, I think we'd know by now - they wouldn't just sit back a play out a charade with parts given to a new Stadium Director, architect or Leader of Liverpool Council. I am guessing that Elstone had made some recommendations that they are reviewing whist the uncertainty around Brexit (not to mention UK relations with Russia) has probably not helped.

Lets just hang in there - we've waited this long and I for one am sitting more comfortably now that the club has the backing every season to pretty much ensure that we should never drop out of the PL. For many years I feared relegation and (apart from the first 3 or 4 months of last season) we have moved a long way away from that. It's still not good enough for Everton (Usmanov himself said that recently) but it is progress.

He's a divvy who likes the attention and fame.

I'm sure he's very successful in his field and that but in reality, he's the owner of a relatively small company that people were very surprised won the contract for BMD. The same could be said of Roma.

The irony of course BMD and Roma are the two grounds he's most famous for designing, neither of them are actually grounds yet. Just pie in the sky, maybe one day.

The whole Everton tatoo is an embarrassment, got a bit of attention on twitter, loads of blues called him a legend so he got a tattoo. How professional of a so called top architect. Madness all round.

Why were people surprised he got the contract? And who are those people?