New Everton Stadium Discussion

I've been a big fan of Spurs' ground since the first pics were released, but genuinely prefer our proposed design. I quite like the fact that the stands are all quite different, similar to Goodison, whereas Spurs ground is to have 3 pretty much identical sides and a big home end (not that there's anything wrong with that). Ours would also be in a considerably better location. I hope they stick to the workshop designs as the steepness of the stands and closeness to the pitch are also superior if I remember right.

Once the pitch is rolled out that will look amazing

The pitch is rolled out in that photo. It's just not been laid yet. ;)

RE: the footprint comparison between NWHL and BMD: They seem quite similar, but I wonder if the plan to have four sides with corners filled in is less efficient when it comes to capacity than our more oval shaped stadium? I'm pretty sure the reason a lot of new builds are oval is because that's the way you get most seats in a given area. Maybe that's one of the compromises being talked about when it comes to capacity. There was, iirc, a strong preference in your fan surveys not to have an oval, but maybe that preference results in a lower capacity?

The pitch is rolled out in that photo. It's just not been laid yet. ;)

RE: the footprint comparison between NWHL and BMD: They seem quite similar, but I wonder if the plan to have four sides with corners filled in is less efficient when it comes to capacity than our more oval shaped stadium? I'm pretty sure the reason a lot of new builds are oval is because that's the way you get most seats in a given area. Maybe that's one of the compromises being talked about when it comes to capacity. There was, iirc, a strong preference in your fan surveys not to have an oval, but maybe that preference results in a lower capacity?

Isn't it to reduce the distance of spectators to the pitch in the corners as part of an optimal distance calculation? I would have thought a traditional rectangle would give the bigger capacity as you don't lose seats in the wave shape of the oval like yours. When looking at the overlapped designs they look similar but we have one end that is tiny compared which is where most of the size differential is.

Moving to a new stadium increases the average attendance dramatically.

Before West Ham moved to the London Stadiun, they had 24,000 season ticket holders and they rarely filled Upton Park. They now have 53,000 season ticket holders.

People are more willing to pay £50 to watch a football match if the stadium is of a high standard and has no obstructed views.

Moving to a new stadium increases the average attendance dramatically.

Before West Ham moved to the London Stadiun, they had 24,000 season ticket holders and they rarely filled Upton Park. They now have 53,000 season ticket holders.

People are more willing to pay £50 to watch a football match if the stadium is of a high standard and has no obstructed views.
I'm not sure West Ham are the best example as their stadium move cost the club little compared to other clubs, and as such it is echoed in their ticket prices.

While little details have been released, I do expect that our ticket prices will increase because of the move and the larger the stadium the greater the increase.

If we're to attract a regular increase in attendees to the mark of sixty-odd thousand then we will have to balance facilities versus the affordability of each ticket.

Never expected progress to be quick but this is more like a snails pace. Guess the funding is a little more tricky than first anticipated.

I loved the update the other day:

"Here's your update:

Funding - City council blah blah blah; other sources of fundng blah blah blah
Renderings - maybe some other time yada yada yada
Planning Permission - possibly in the future...maybe....or maybe not....

...but we're nearly there on the stadium czar...things will be better when he/she turns up....honest.

Thanks for listening".