New Everton Stadium Discussion

Sorry to be negative but this new stadium fails when Everton can’t deliver the finance required.

Strange that there are still major question marks over finance when our bank roller is a billionaire and has gone on record that finance is not a problem.
The question marks on finance all seem to come from the highly qualified accountants who post on this forum.

Sorry to be negative but this new stadium fails when Everton can’t deliver the finance required.

Strange that there are still major question marks over finance when our bank roller is a billionaire and has gone on record that finance is not a problem.

It won't fail, the plans will be altered if we can't raise the full funds. If we are nearing a deal with LCC for around 300 million then the bulk has already been found.

Just heard Elstone in the radio saying we need designs by Spring to early summer.

Hopefully by the end of the season we should be seeing something.

Am I right in assuming that the council will be funding 2/3 of the stadium, but ultimately we will need to be paying them that money back? It isn’t ‘free money’

Just heard Elstone in the radio saying we need designs by Spring to early summer.

Am I right in assuming that the council will be funding 2/3 of the stadium, but ultimately we will need to be paying them that money back? It isn’t ‘free money’

They aren't funding, badly chosen words them from Elstone. They will be acting as guarantors to a loan to that amount which we pay them back with interest, cheaper interest than others though.

No mate. The Council is just acting as guarantor in the event we can't meet repayments.

This should mean we get cheaper finance, so we will be paying the council a guaranteed £4m a year so both parties benefit.

Essentially they're gambling on Everton not imploding, which considering we have been here since 1878 and are an integral part of the city, seems a safe bet.

...more words about progress but no visible progress. It is disappointing that a businessman like Moshiri is not able to secure necessary funding. It’s disappointing that a businessman like Moshiri isn’t making this happen. I think it’s perfectly understandable that fans are negative about this.

At the moment there is nothing tangible. At the moment all we have is hope.

Think they might get more honestly. Arsenal got 150M 6 or 7 years ago. You better believe Usmanov will be more than happy to fork up well more than that to be the main sponsor on a stadium of that magnitude in that location. Obviously, it would be better if we were a bit more competitive.

Arsenal’s £150 million deal wasn’t a stand alone stadium sponsorship deal it included both shirt sponsorship and stadium sponsorship in one package. The deal which is still in place and runs to 2019 it delivers a grand total of £30 million a season

The issue with Arsenal now is that the belief is that they can’t leave Emirates as no major sponsor will ever be able to dislodge the notion that it’s the Emeriates stadium.

West Ham’s London Stadium can’t generate any offers of substance indeed a deal of £6 million pa was not deliverable when Vodafone were thought to be in discussions.

For me the difficulty that existed getting a high value shirt sponsorship deal is an indication of the sort of stadium deal that will be on offer.

It’s a bit of a chicken and egg for me success on the field has to happen for a stadium deal to be be cost effective but success on the field won’t happen without without huge expansion of the non TV revenue revenue streams