New Everton Stadium Discussion

The thing about it is that @Jacko93 , @The binman chronicles and @originalgreaserbob above all believe that there's no obligation for the club to provide a vision for us to ponder over at this stage and that it'd all be mundane minor technical stuff and not worth hearing about if they did report back and update. But there we have it from the club themselves acknowledging that they need to provide that visionary document...but they just haven't done that (which was and is my gripe).

Will we see it anytime soon? After stating 3 months ago that it'd be a few weeks before publication I wouldn't advise anyone to hold their breath.

I dont know if things are on track. Possibly/probably. But the argument stands that if the club dont fill the vacuum of info they promised to fill with an overarching prospectus then others will do it for them.

Comes down as per usual with the Everton Victorian Football Club to wretched communications.

I get where you are coming from, yes perhaps a document to outline we are going to build a stadium with X amount of seats, it will have this and that functions above the norm (if that is the case) and any other USP would be good. But at the end of the day all I care is when the planning application goes in. At that point we will have all the details we'll ever need out in the open.

Until then everything to me would be bankground noise as it could be made up or subject to change if they can't get the required funds for it.

I get where you are coming from, yes perhaps a document to outline we are going to build a stadium with X amount of seats, it will have this and that functions above the norm (if that is the case) and any other USP would be good. But at the end of the day all I care is when the planning application goes in. At that point we will have all the details we'll ever need out in the open. Until then everything to me would be bank ground noise as it could be made up or subject to change if they can't get the required funds for it.
It wouldn't be background noise though. It'd be giving feedback on information they requested and received. It'd also be reassuring to hear from the club on this scheme because they've allowed it to drift without any meaningful update. But most of all it'd be outlining a vision for the future - the future everyone sees being based around this stadium build.

It really isn't an afterthought or bit of filler. It's a crucial document they've dragged their feet on delivering.

In this web page relating to the consultation event for the new mersey cruise terminal at princes dock -
http://www.cruise-liverpool.com/consultation-event-new-mersey-cruise-terminal/

It says - "Although the proposed multi-storey car park has been earmarked for the new Cruise facility, the council is reviewing locations north of Leeds Street so it could also support initiatives around the Ten Streets creativity district and North Docks areas, including Everton FC’s proposed stadium at the nearby Bramley Moore Dock."

It states earlier in the article that it will be a 1,700+ multi-storey car park

31st July, Elstone on the OS:

"The Key Principles document – a document which will be made public in the next few weeks to set out our ambitions for our new home at Bramley Moore Dock."

19th September from the OS:

"Everton is continuing to engage with key stakeholders over the new stadium project. A document will be released shortly by the Club in which Everton’s key principles for the development of a new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock - and an enduring legacy at Goodison Park – will be explained and shared."

Still no key principles document.

Then some wonder why many of us believe slippage is taking place here in the Everton stadium scheme tradition.

Maybe we'll have it by Christmas?
I wouldn't hold your breath. Kenwright told ESCLA that the board couldn't share any information with fans yet. 3 months and counting...............

You have to give some credit to the team behind the new stadium. They put Area 51 to shame when it comes to secrecy!
I'm astonished that more details haven't leaked out by now especially as there must be several different companies and organisations getting involved in putting the details together.

upload_2017-10-18_0-32-1.jpeg

31st July, Elstone on the OS:

"The Key Principles document – a document which will be made public in the next few weeks to set out our ambitions for our new home at Bramley Moore Dock."

19th September from the OS:

"Everton is continuing to engage with key stakeholders over the new stadium project. A document will be released shortly by the Club in which Everton’s key principles for the development of a new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock - and an enduring legacy at Goodison Park – will be explained and shared."

Still no key principles document.

Then some wonder why many of us believe slippage is taking place here in the Everton stadium scheme tradition.

Maybe we'll have it by Christmas?
Was that before or after the Games announcement?...and has that left a serious hole in the funding?