New Everton Stadium Discussion

Good article that. Don't think anyone would disagree with Anderson's statement:

Not one person who comes to visit our city comes to see the Unesco certificate on my wall,” he says. “They come to see a vibrant, dynamic city, not one that’s preserved in aspic. I’m a pragmatic person. I believe we can cherish our heritage and come up with great iconic modern buildings, too.

We're not talking about Machu Picchu here, something that needs to be guarded and preserved as a treasure for all humanity. Liverpool is a growing, living city. Just not sure if Joe Anderson believes it himself, he doesn't strike me as a man with the long term vision who could strike the type of balance in development he is talking about.

The World Heritage Status in Liverpool would be more successful it it was targeted at individual buildings or districts. Yes, lets preserve the good stuff. Throwing a blanket WHS over the whole waterfront is not the way to go.

The stretch of the northern docks in Peels Liverpool Waters has been basically derelict for the last 40 or 50 years. Liverpool is a living, breathing city that needs to build places to live, places to work and generally build on the large areas of dereliction that still exist from WW2 and the 1960's clearances.

UNESCO have talked about a 2 year block on ALL building in Liverpool. That to me is absolute madness and I would be telling them to shove the WHS where the sun doesn't shine. Build a stunning new waterfront for people to live and work in, with a world class stadium for EFC, or leave the area to rot in dereliction for another 40-50 years? Hmm, let me think.

Weren't UNESCO more concerned with the pier head waterfront (Three Graces) becoming lost amongst the burgeoning skyline.
I can well understand English grade listing for the dock walls and so on, but not for the whole of the northern waterfront.

The World Heritage Status in Liverpool would be more successful it it was targeted at individual buildings or districts. Yes, lets preserve the good stuff. Throwing a blanket WHS over the whole waterfront is not the way to go.

The stretch of the northern docks in Peels Liverpool Waters has been basically derelict for the last 40 or 50 years. Liverpool is a living, breathing city that needs to build places to live, places to work and generally build on the large areas of dereliction that still exist from WW2 and the 1960's clearances.

UNESCO have talked about a 2 year block on ALL building in Liverpool. That to me is absolute madness and I would be telling them to shove the WHS where the sun doesn't shine. Build a stunning new waterfront for people to live and work in, with a world class stadium for EFC, or leave the area to rot in dereliction for another 40-50 years? Hmm, let me think.
Said all along - the Northern Docks regeneration will add so much to the city that no WH status could ever. People from around the world don't come to Liverpool to look at old derelict and vacant buildings/sites. They want to visit iconic areas and embrace the culture of the new order. No one goes to Rotterdam to spend hours taking in the docks and that is probably one of the biggest and most vibrant sites in N. Europe with a history to match.

Can it be possible for the half circles behind the goals to be included in the design as a first season and then if need be 'fill them in' so to speak...

@MorgsGoat can you arrange this will Dan Meiss??

The one behind the goals in the 60's and 70's.

Ah, right, before my time that, never really noticed that myself, suppose ive never really looked at an empty Goodison from back then.

PA-4826699.jpg

Ah, right, before my time that, never really noticed that myself, suppose ive never really looked at an empty Goodison from back then.

PA-4826699.jpg

Yep...get on to Dan and ask him if he can incorporate this iconic feature,,,just as an opening season thingy....I'm not on twitter.

Yep...get on to Dan and ask him if he can incorporate this iconic feature,,,just as an opening season thingy....I'm not on twitter.

I aint giving him any ideas mate, next thing you know it will be a running track and me and you will be getting the blame.

And you can bet that Dan will know far more about Goodison than me.

;);)

I aint giving him any ideas mate, next thing you know it will be a running track and me and you will be getting the blame.

And you can bet that Dan will know far more about Goodison than me.

;);)

Dan will know far more about Goodison than you...but he won't know far more about Goodison than me so can you get onto Dan in LA and explain about the half circle thingies...it could just be a one season thing as a piss take and then fill them in...