New Everton Stadium Discussion

October maybe. Don't quote me on it but I feel it's October-Decemberish
Well it can't be much later if a new stadium needs taking through planning and construction in a tad over 4 years. Mind you, new Everton is working at unprecedented speeds so no problemo.

What are peoples thoughts on the orientation of the stadium and which end should be the home end? The site would seem to be suited to a stadium with the goals at the east and west end. Would you want the home end with the river behind it or the city?

Hopefully there is a neutral section like there is at Fulham.

I'd imagine you want the away end closest to the Mersey due to the fact it would take longer to get away from the ground from there.

I'd rather they away fans struggle a bit more than us in that respect.

I have been told by somebody who MAY know that our stadium will be N/S running along the Mersey, this would tie in with some earlier talk of BMD and Nelson as the build sites.

Time will tell.

Cheer for the midlands.

Weasel Alert, Weasel Alert

When the Trickys were doing their training ground consultation by ours, I went and covered it for Uni. I made a joke abar us moving stadium and them moving training ground. 2 fellas from the council told me that we wouldn't have to worry about the games as it's 'nailed on' for Birmingham.

I reckon they were having me on but yenno. Closest I'll ever be to Stadium ITK.

Weasel Alert, Weasel Alert

When the Trickys were doing their training ground consultation by ours, I went and covered it for Uni. I made a joke abar us moving stadium and them moving training ground. 2 fellas from the council told me that we wouldn't have to worry about the games as it's 'nailed on' for Birmingham.

I reckon they were having me on but yenno. Closest I'll ever be to Stadium ITK.

Never understand the reason behind cities wanting these games so much, im aware of the short term impact on the local economy, but 9/10 after the games the whole place becomes a wasteland.

Never understand the reason behind cities wanting these games so much, im aware of the short term impact on the local economy, but 9/10 after the games the whole place becomes a wasteland.
Events like this act as a backdrop to draw in powerful movers and shakers,entertain them and show the city in a good light. Done well they give a good impression of what the city is capable of and hopefully act as a catalyst for future investment and jobs.

It's a lot to do with increasing the city's profile and helping increase tourism and attract business in the long term, due in part to the improved infrastructure.

I was recently working with a real estate and hospitality expert who advised South Africa on the 2010 World Cup. He was saying that it is only now that places like Durban are noticing the benefits of the infrastructure and marketing that was put in place during the World Cup. It was initially written off as a complete waste of money.