New Everton Stadium Discussion

Not sure you understand APR mate. £4 million a year on £350 million is 1.14% APR, cheaper than any domestic mortgage, let alone a commercial loan.

4 million a year, over 30 years is 120 million.

So total payback will be 470 million.

I am crap that this stuff but 120/350 is 35% ish?

Hope Bramley Moore features in the stadium name - lot of history there would be good to include it.

Would hate it to be called New Goodison or anything like that.

USM Bramley Moore Stadium best name for me...
Ain't gonna happen but 'The Cunard Arena' would lend a bit of prestige and has historic links to the City and its famous waterfront.
It will be the MegaFon Stadium ur The Bikal Stadium after The Bikal Copper Mining company which is one of the biggest in the world also owned by our shadowy potential benefactor and comes under USM Holdings too.... oh happy day..

Yes mate you are probably right, I haven't done the math, 35% maybe right however, that isn't how apr is calculated.... which is why it's 1.14% or whatever was mentoined. Won't bore you with exactly how apr is worked out.

Not sure you understand APR mate. £4 million a year on £350 million is 1.14% APR, cheaper than any domestic mortgage, let alone a commercial loan.

Exactly - APR is Annual Percentage Rate not the total interest paid over the term of the loan.

I don't know if this is a fixed rate, although I doubt it over 30 years.

As an example, Irish banks are currently offering 5 year fixed rates at APR of 3.7%- 4.3%

1.14% APR seems to be very good even as a commercial rate.

I think the A in APR stands for annual. Each year we are paying back between 1 and 2% of the total debt. If you find a bank that will let me borrow at less than 2% interest over the life of a mortgage, please let me know.

Exactly - APR is Annual Percentage Rate not the total interest paid over the term of the loan.

I don't know if this is a fixed rate, although I doubt it over 30 years.

As an example, Irish banks are currently offering 5 year fixed rates at APR of 3.7%- 4.3%

1.14% APR seems to be very good even as a commercial rate.
1.14% wouldn't be the rate we pay, that's the interest margin (premium) we'd pay to LCC over their borrowing rate.

Wouldn't that only be if we paid it back in one year though mate, Apr as its name suggests is the annual rate, so interest would be 4m on a 350m loan, which napkin math says would be an Apr off 4m/350m or around 1.2%.

May be getting my sums way wrong their mind...

I love how the kopite narrative is how we are only doing this because of our jealousy of their new stand... like kings dock, Kirkby and Walton Hall never happened deluded beauts
Spot on.. do they think we just whipped a whole stadium project up because they built some horrendous stand. I do think Joe pulled a masterstroke by giving them the the go ahead and a few bob for their hole punch though... sort of take the edge from their argument... it won't stop heads falling off all over the city tonight!!

Wouldn't that only be if we paid it back in one year though mate, Apr as its name suggests is the annual rate, so interest would be 4m on a 350m loan, which napkin math says would be an Apr off 4m/350m or around 1.2%.

May be getting my sums way wrong their mind...

You are right 4m is less than 1% however that is the premium we are paying lcc for being guarantors on the loan and not to do with the interest... but I could be wrong.

I don't know if you have ever had a mortgage mate, but depending on interest rates you can expect to pay back a huge amount more than the capital value of the loan over 20-30 years!

My first mortgage was taken out in 1991 and interest rates went through the roof in 1992-3. I think I would have paid the capital cost over again over the 20 years as a result.

Interest rates are currently at an all time low, although as a counter, house prices are climbing steadily back to their peak again after the crash.

This is commercial, is tied in with a grander plan for redevelopment of a key strategic part of Liverpool city's future, and so it looks to me like we have managed to negotiate a very favourable deal on the loan.