New Everton Stadium Discussion

Well that's not true because the land is in use now, there are businesses operating off it

Some of it is.

My belief is that we are where we are with Peel because they get a massive amount of public money given to them and they have been subject to scrutiny over their tax affairs in the recent past and it is judicious of them to play ball...up to a point.

This lot have ALAWYS wanted to redevelop with residential and office space and cruise liner facilities...they have a grand 50 year plan for it. I dont trust them AT ALL.

That's not quite true. They have limits to the amount of time they can bank land and not move to develop it. There will be political pressure on them as the LCC want the north end redeveloped.
That's irrelevant to your argument, though.

Either they need us or they don't. If they do, we work out a price. If they don't, they simply say no.

As you allude to yourself, they need this. They'll sell, and willingly.

This lot have ALAWYS wanted to redevelop with residential and office space and cruise liner facilities...they have a grand 50 year plan for it. I dont trust them AT ALL.

Yes, it's the Liverpool waters master plan. They're aware that a project like this will truly kick start the northern docks project. Snippets are already being sold.

And the cruise terminal is the councils operation, not peels

Some of it is.

My belief is that we are where we are with Peel because they get a massive amount of public money given to them and they have been subject to scrutiny over their tax affairs in the recent past and it is judicious of them to play ball...up to a point.

Dave mate does usamnov own a steel company mate ?

You are naive if you think that sort of cyber strategising doesn't happen.

As said, IF Peel are lukewarm on this project, as they have always been - it may be that political and short term economic pressure that's forced them to the table - then they have the means to kick this into the long grass.
If Peel were, as you say, lukewarm on any deal they would have killed it immediately as you well know. Cyber strategizing? Don't make me laugh!

That's irrelevant to your argument, though.

Either they need us or they don't. If they do, we work out a price. If they don't, they simply say no.

As you allude to yourself, they need this. They'll sell, and willingly.
They dont need Everton. The sale of the land is a drop in the ocean in terms of their wealth, and a facility like a stadium isn't exactly a driver for the other stuff they'd want developed. IMO, this is all down to expediency.

That's a cool conspiracy theory but absolute cobblers, as they own the land and could simply say 'no ta'

If Peel were, as you say, lukewarm on any deal they would have killed it immediately as you well know. Cyber strategizing? Don't make me laugh!

If Peel didn't want us, they would have killed negoations months ago.

They want us, nay, they need us to help kick off Liverpool waters.

Things aren't quite as simple as that. For the reason's I've suggested so far they cant just thumb their noses at us and refuse to explore the idea put forward for a stadium.

They dont need Everton. The sale of the land is a drop in the ocean in terms of their wealth, and a facility like a stadium isn't exactly a driver for the other stuff they'd want developed. IMO, this is all down to expediency.

There are many examples where a stadium led part of a development is a driver for the rest of the development. Peel want this to happen also. They may not need Everton but there are no other clubs queuing up.

Things aren't quite as simple as that. For the reason's I've suggested so far they cant just thumb their noses at us and refuse to explore the idea put forward for a stadium.
No, things really are as simple as that. If they had no interest in the stadium forming the catalyst for the development then they'd have said 'no thanks' at the outset.