New Everton Stadium Discussion

If this all works out for us with BM, i wonder how the dark side will react. If the stadium starts translating into a huge strategic advantage I wonder what their next move will be. They've got a lease on the land on Stanley Park or will they just keep hoping brand Anfield is enough? For once are we actually in danger of stealing a match on them? When they weighed up expanding Anfield v locations for a new stadium they must have considered the waterfront, why didn't they go for it?

LFC to be sold to richer investors who bulldoze Anfield and stick a 70k seater on a better waterfront location than BM. Didn't Esk say we had KD as a back up option to BM? I have no idea if it's even possible but that'd be a thoroughly Everton thing to happen.

Hopefully someone points out that this is a ludicrous and impossible idea as I don't pretend to know anything about thee things.

If this all works out for us with BM, i wonder how the dark side will react. If the stadium starts translating into a huge strategic advantage I wonder what their next move will be. They've got a lease on the land on Stanley Park or will they just keep hoping brand Anfield is enough? For once are we actually in danger of stealing a match on them? When they weighed up expanding Anfield v locations for a new stadium they must have considered the waterfront, why didn't they go for it?

They wouldn't start looking at a new stadium again for some time to come, they've put the family silver into their new stand.
I'd still like to be further down the road with the BM project we've had so many false dawn's before, thereafter regarding badges or emblems, would be dissapointed if it doesn't resemble our historic badge,but if it does get built we could feature whatever we want on the stadium within reason as long as it isn't cheap or tacky.

LFC to be sold to richer investors who bulldoze Anfield and stick a 70k seater on a better waterfront location than BM. Didn't Esk say we had KD as a back up option to BM? I have no idea if it's even possible but that'd be a thoroughly Everton thing to happen.

Hopefully someone points out that this is a ludicrous and impossible idea as I don't pretend to know anything about thee things.
That is a ludicrous idea. Impossible.

The only great site left after we developed would be Clarence Dock and I'd imagine this would become prime waterfront real estate once word got out about us taking Bramley Moore Dock. I reckon developers will be queuing up for a piece of that.

Due to the way they, the press and Murdoch TV etc mythologize their ground they made it impossible for themselves to move from Anfield. Even a new stadium in the same district would have been difficult. That is the reason they didn't move to a 70,000 seater on the docks, this being precisely what they should have done 25 years ago. They are stuck there now. Meanwhile we will build an iconic, world class stadium which will be on every shot of the river front whilst they fester in a down at heel inner city area. It will be a quantum jump for us and will lead to us regaining a huge amount of ground on them on the field and off it. Just for the record, Liverpool FC have been a bigger club than Everton FC only since the 1970's. That is 4 decades ago and 10 decades after the professional game was established in this country. If my maths are correct they need to be continually a bigger club than us for another 60 years before we can call it a draw. Bramley Moore will mean that this will not not happen.

They didnt have enough capital to make it work.

The kings dock thing availability as plan 'b' was one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever heard. Honestly, there is absolutely zero chance that would happen. No chance at all.

The kings dock thing availability as plan 'b' was one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever heard. Honestly, there is absolutely zero chance that would happen. No chance at all.

Would you say BM is the only and last realistic site on the docks for the foreseeable future?