New Everton Stadium Discussion

Proposed Redskins stadium.....a North Face jamboree

redskin-stadium-washington-big-usa_dezeen_936_5-new.jpg

I think the End stands should be a primary concern, then build the side stands to suit. The End Stands are the ones that generate the atmosphere for the rest of the stadium. It's the atmosphere that can influence a match and bring people back.

You can make any type of stand aestheitically nice, single tiers, multi tiers, so quality first then aesthetics to follow.

I would be very interested to see what design was scientifically the best for behind the goal, both equalling the same size and made to their best, a two tiered overlapping stand or a large single tier. Whatever ones wins have that behind both.

For the amount that they're getting paid I'd hope that they were doing that kind of research, but my view of architects are that they sit in the corporate box and marvel at their artistry and symmetry without a passing notice to whether or not the fans can make a great noise in there.

I certainly won't be taken in by the great light show it can produce or the generous leg room and comfy seats will be like. I want to know if we can swing from the rafters during a rendition of let's go effn mental!

I think overhanging stands muffle the noise from below (sure I read somewhere). Meis sounds on the ball and if the recent visits to Germany are correct then atmosphere and fan favourites like a big goal end will have made a mark. The one that consistently gets good reports is the new Juve stadium, steep and traditional.

I think the End stands should be a primary concern, then build the side stands to suit. The End Stands are the ones that generate the atmosphere for the rest of the stadium. It's the atmosphere that can influence a match and bring people back.

You can make any type of stand aestheitically nice, single tiers, multi tiers, so quality first then aesthetics to follow.

I would be very interested to see what design was scientifically the best for behind the goal, both equalling the same size and made to their best, a two tiered overlapping stand or a large single tier. Whatever ones wins have that behind both.

For the amount that they're getting paid I'd hope that they were doing that kind of research, but my view of architects are that they sit in the corporate box and marvel at their artistry and symmetry without a passing notice to whether or not the fans can make a great noise in there.

I certainly won't be taken in by the great light show it can produce or the generous leg room and comfy seats will be like. I want to know if we can swing from the rafters during a rendition of let's go effn mental!

One of the absolute primary concerns of stadium designers is atmosphere generation. They are remembered by their creations and stadiums are remembered by their atmospheres.

I had some reservations about that stadium but I love the fact that it's square and not a bowl. Also looks great inside as well. Especially with the blue seats in this picture:

lucas-oil-stadium-11-1200x466.jpg

Imagine theme huge windows with the liver birds creeping into view, the birds are ours again!