New Everton Stadium Discussion

Interior of the new Roma stadium.
Really hope that we don't end up with our stands that far from the pitch (8.9-11.7 metres here).

I like the basic principal but would prefer the Curva Nord (far end in yellow) to take on a different profile from the two adjacent stands.
The massive big screen at that end really needs to go......after going to Wembley for the semi I'd say they don't add anything to a ground when positioned mid tier....in fact they detract from action on the park and break up the stand and fans from one another.

The Curva Sud (blue end) holds 14k over two tiers.
Not sure how wide and deep the seats are but this stand looks massive on the renders and really ought to hold 16k fir its size and as the home end it really should have spaces out seats that new build stadiums seem to get nowadays.

Also can't stand seeing new build stadiums in tv with four massive access tunnels in the corners. Just have one in a corner that's on the same side as the TVs cameras thus not noticeable when watching on the box.

Definitely could live with this though with the adjustments mentioned. With higher density seating at the south end and losing the big screen we'd probably be looking at 55k. (The model shown seats 52.5k expandable to 60k)
image.png

Interior of the new Roma stadium.
Really hope that we don't end up with our stands that far from the pitch (8.9-11.7 metres here).
Daft question I suppose but that's me (NOdder) daft as a brush, but when we say from "the pitch", we do mean the actual demarcation of a touchline don't we? ANd not the sort of grassy knoll that surrounds it in most cases.

Cheers, TErry.

Daft question I suppose but that's me (NOdder) daft as a brush, but when we say from "the pitch", we do mean the actual demarcation of a touchline don't we? ANd not the sort of grassy knoll that surrounds it in most cases.

Cheers, TErry.

Correct........as measured from the touch line/goal line.
Think the Glwadys is about 5 - 6 yards from the goal line and the Bullens a similar distance except where row was removed to facilitate extra wheel chair places.

The first row of seats in the Park end is quite far back. I'd say easily 9 metres, but doesn't still seems ok.

I'd guess that if may even be a wee bit further back than that.

I was going to say that I really wouldn't like to see the new ground with the kind of gap at the park end. In my opinion it's far to great a distance.
If the the whole ground was like that it's really start to feel disconnected a bit like The Emirates.

Think back to the old park end and how up close that was.....the current replacement lost that intimacy that was once there.

Quite probably mate, yes. Davyhulme works is the biggest of it's kind in the country and is sandwiched in between the Trafford Centre and Salford RLFC's stadium, you can't smell a thing from it round there. Any site that's in a residential or public area is under the tightest regulations with regards to the environment agency. Maybe the Sandon Dock site hasn't been as strictly regulated due to the location it's in.

http://m.messengernewspapers.co.uk/news/10643192.United_Utilities_apologises_for_Davyhulme_smells/

I'd guess that if may even be a wee bit further back than that.

I was going to say that I really wouldn't like to see the new ground with the kind of gap at the park end. In my opinion it's far to great a distance.
If the the whole ground was like that it's really start to feel disconnected a bit like The Emirates.

Think back to the old park end and how up close that was.....the current replacement lost that intimacy that was once there.

I may be talking out of my backside here as it was a long time ago but, I recall something that they deliberately kept the park end stand away from the pitch so that one day if we did rebuild the street end (& BR) the pitch could be moved down at that time.

This would then get over the fact the Church cuts into the main stand area and enable a bigger footprint for the street end. Of course that sensible forward thinking didn't go hand in hand with anybody being bothered about doing anything for the next 22 years.

Tell you what, when the train came out into dayligh tonight on the Northern Line I was looking over towards the docks, that view is going to be amazing soon, cant wait to see the skyline with tower cranes on!!