New Everton Stadium Discussion

Wouldn't like to comment further suffice to say I wouldn't trust the local authority on any level. If the local authority wants something then it will happen. It if doesn't want it then it won't.

Hopefully the support is there for a new ground project and with political backing then it is more likely to happen. Just don't put too much faith in cryptic messages.

Wouldn't like to comment further suffice to say I wouldn't trust the local authority on any level. If the local authority wants something then it will happen. It if doesn't want it then it won't.

Hopefully the support is there for a new ground project and with political backing then it is more likely to happen. Just don't put too much faith in cryptic messages.

This doesnt have anything to do with the council, its Peel who we are negotiating with over the docks. He would only have a say with the Stonebridge site, which has no view of the Docks.

I think LCC would have to be involved somewhere down the line if only to agree infrastructure works on the north docks. Can't see that the local authority would miss out on an opportunity to at least be seen to have been influential in such a high profile piece of redevelopment.

This doesnt have anything to do with the council, its Peel who we are negotiating with over the docks. He would only have a say with the Stonebridge site, which has no view of the Docks.

It'd go through LCC planning committee like every other build in the city.

And a point to note, I'm pretty sure Peel don't own all the land at the proposed site, especially that which is close to a waterway

First time poster! Can't help but feel this is a huge moment for the club. Sadly you usually find you have to compromise somewhere in these situations. I think the majority would agree the ideal scenario is a 55-60k seat purpose built football stadium in a docks location but if you had to compromise somewhere which of the below options would you go for? I would go for A. I think a slightly bigger version of a Juventus style stadium on the docks would be perfect for us.

A) A 45-50k purpose built football stadium on the Docks
B) A 55-60k purpose built football stadium in Stonebridge
C) A 55-60K stadium on the Docks that would have a compromised design to cater for the Commonwealth games but would be heavily subsidised by the council

What does helping us with a stadium have to do with an election? He has more chance of loosing votes from the RS so don't really see that argument, plus the council don't own the land we want to build on, peel do

Exactly, it's not as if the rs are supportive of it. It's on the agenda whether people like it or not.